Thread: Cast Iron wings for Jet JWTS-10JF

Cast Iron wings for Jet JWTS-10JF

Goodmornin', I am making myself crazy trying to google and find where I can buy cast iron extension wings for my table saw (mentioned in subject line), so I'm giving up my searching and asking for help from you fine folks. Can anyone point me in the right direction to find these?

Please and Thank You,
    Shane
    Last edited by Shane Sullaway; 04-08-2008 at 5:49 PM.

I also had the 10jf and thought about upgrading the wings. I think that the model number of the cast iron wings is CWS-10, but you may want to confirm that with Jet (it could be just the stamped steel wings, which you already have). It looks like the wings run around $200. I don't know whether this would be a very cost effective upgrade, though. I would invest in a new fence first, though the stock Jet fence is very accurate

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Sperr View Post
    I also had the 10jf and thought about upgrading the wings. I think that the model number of the cast iron wings is CWS-10, but you may want to confirm that with Jet (it could be just the stamped steel wings, which you already have). It looks like the wings run around $200. I don't know whether this would be a very cost effective upgrade, though. I would invest in a new fence first, though the stock Jet fence is very accurate
    Hey Brad,

Thanks for posting bad. I have already upgraded my fence to a 50" Biesemeyer. I really haven't made a solid decision to upgrade the wings yet. I wanted to check the cost of them first and then try to decide how much bang for my buck was I going to get. I'm in the beginning stages of planning to build outfeed table, left side roller or slide, so while I was at it I wanted to contemplate upgrading the wings. When you say, "I don't know whether this would be a very cost effective upgrade", could you enlighten as to why it would not be?

Thanks,
    Shane

I ended up not upgrading the wings because the stamped steel stayed pretty flat and did not seem to affect the accuracy of the saw. You may also end up wanting to do something else with your extensions, like a sliding table or a router insert. I also knew that I eventually wanted to upgrade to a cabinet saw, so I didn't want to invest too much money in the wings

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Sperr View Post
    I ended up not upgrading the wings because the stamped steel stayed pretty flat and did not seem to affect the accuracy of the saw. You may also end up wanting to do something else with your extensions, like a sliding table or a router insert. I also knew that I eventually wanted to upgrade to a cabinet saw, so I didn't want to invest too much money in the wings
    Good points and something for me to consider. Thanks for your time.

I got cast iron wings for my Delta, from Amazon.

Bobby

According to Art's profile, his last post was in June 2010.
    Cast iron wings are pretty easy to come by. I personally would not buy one new. If I was going to spend that much $$$$ new, I'd probably put in a BenchDog CI router table wing, instead of just a plain CI wing.
    No guarantee, but I think I still have two Jet CI wings in my garage somewhere. It'll take me a day or so to find them, if I still have them. If so, maybe we can work something out. I'm not sure about shipping one though. It could be prohibitively expensive.
    I still think you'd be ahead installing a BenchDog. At least it would have a more universal value down the road.
    "The first thing you need to know, will likely be the last thing you learn." (Unknown)