Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pinnacle ZX (GCC Explorer) laser replacement cost?

Run the wire outside the channel , the ribbon cable in the channel is also susceptible.
    One good thing is that its easy to use the manual rod , cos you can just drag the head using the red dot pointer to where you want to engrave. Shuddering sounds more like one of the corners is out of alignment, check to see the table is level the way I described earlier.
    Last edited by Rodne Gold; 04-07-2008 at 12:38 PM.
    Rodney Gold, Toker Bros trophies, Cape Town , South Africa :
    Roland 2300 rotary . 3 x ISEL's ..1m x 500mm CnC .
    Tekcel 1200x2400 router , 900 x 600 60w Shenui laser , 1200 x 800 80w Reci tube Shenhui Laser
    6 x longtai lasers 400x600 60w , 1 x longtai 20w fiber
    2x Gravo manual engravers , Roland 540 large format printer/cutter. CLTT setup
    1600mm hot and cold laminator , 3x Dopag resin dispensers , sandblasting setup, acid etcher

This may sound counter-intuitive, but the slipping Z-axis is actually caused by the belt being TOO tight. It needs to be sloppy loose.

Kevin Huffman quickly shipped me a replacement Z-Axis motor for mine... but it did the same thing... until I got the belt tension right. It slips right on the cog at the servo.

Loosen the belt, clean the screw shafts and watch it improve.

Pinnacle ZX Explorer II
    40W, X3
    Vinyl Express Lynx 24"
    Epson 4800 Dye Sub Hybrid

Rodne
    I have been following through with all the suggestions you made to diagnose the problem. i have still not been able to figure it out as another problem appeared and the dealers technician is coming in tommorow to fix it.
    While initializing, for some unknown reason, the X-axis belt snapped.It broke cleanly close to the plate where it is attached to the lens carriage.I can find no obstruction in the movement of the lens carriage. Now, as the belt has fallen out, the machine will not initialize. However, I can still go into the hardware diagnostic mode and they are returning the same results.
    The dealer has agreed that the Z table is a pre existing problem.
    Lets see what happens tomorrow. Will keep you posted
    (I could not replace the belt myself as I am told it requires the use of a special tension tool)
    P.S
    I am sure my table does not have a mechanical problem as at times it continues to move even after the "down" button is released

Abdul

The tension tool seems to be nonsense , we have replaced X axis motors and thus the belt and just made it nice and tight , had no hassles with em afterwards?
    Why do they need a tension tool?
    Iv'e heard of that before tho..........but for the Y axis
    maybe they do..........
    Rodney Gold, Toker Bros trophies, Cape Town , South Africa :
    Roland 2300 rotary . 3 x ISEL's ..1m x 500mm CnC .
    Tekcel 1200x2400 router , 900 x 600 60w Shenui laser , 1200 x 800 80w Reci tube Shenhui Laser
    6 x longtai lasers 400x600 60w , 1 x longtai 20w fiber
    2x Gravo manual engravers , Roland 540 large format printer/cutter. CLTT setup
    1600mm hot and cold laminator , 3x Dopag resin dispensers , sandblasting setup, acid etcher

I guess they must have a very compelling reason (for the tension tool) as the cost of the belt is only $30 and it is going to cost me a total of $350, all told. I think we all should be in the repair business. My interest is also to let the technician come and fix the other problem. warranty only covers parts and not the labor.

abdul

I see people have good luck and bad luck finding replacement parts. My autofocus cable broke awhile back and I have been manually focusing since, but today my x motor self destructed and I need a replacement. where, who do I call for parts? Like everyone else, I need it and need it now!

Pinnacle Mercury