Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scroll Saw Patterns

Scroll Saw Patterns

Can anyone please provide me with links to where I can get free scroll saw patterns??? thank You
    I had posted this in the wrong area before... i hope this is the right one...

Quote Originally Posted by John Olynyk
    Can anyone please provide me with links to where I can get free scroll saw patterns??? thank You
    I had posted this in the wrong area before... i hope this is the right one...
    John,

I would suggest you send a PM to Terry Quiram...the Master Scroller...

I'm sure he can provide some answers for you.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Have you tried doing a Google search? Patterns are a tricky thing, there are copyrights involved etc. Even if you buy the pattern you may be limited in the number of items you can produce... Depending on what you are looking to scroll, my wife has used coloring books, cookie cutter outlines, or any number of line drawings could be used... Best of luck.

-Michael
    I can pay retail anywhere, so how's your service?
    Grabbing defeat from the jaws of victory one project at a time
    Maker of precision cut firewood

OK thanks.. ...John

Why Dennis you sweet talker! The best place to obtain free patterns is the public library. They will have most of the available pattern books on their shelves. The library here is also on the lending circuit and can get books from all over the country.

Terry

Look at Yahoo Group ( groups.yahoo.com ) and MSN Communities ( communities.msn.com ). Both places have scrolling groups and most of those have free patterns that people have made. One of the best is Gary Browning's MSN community. I don't recall the exact name off the top of my head.

Matt

Oh yeah I almost forgot... Join SAW I think it's 15 bucks... You get a mag and if there is a local chapter people do exchange patters there
    I can pay retail anywhere, so how's your service?
    Grabbing defeat from the jaws of victory one project at a time
    Maker of precision cut firewood

There is another forum that I frequent that has a very active Scrollsaw section. Not trying to advertise another forum, but just trying to get you to where you can get the best answer for your question "JustWoodworking" There is guy there that is one heck of a scroller William Young from Canada and he just might be able to help you.

The other replies also are excellent sources for you. I just use photographs from magazines a lot for my scroll patterns. Also you can join up with the Winfield Collection pattern club (~$12.00 per set, 4 sets per year) and they have a bunch of scrollsaw patterns and other craft-style patterns in them.
    Wood is Good!
    Greetings from The Green Mountain State!

Kurt

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Bridges
    Look at Yahoo Group ( groups.yahoo.com ) and MSN Communities ( communities.msn.com ). Both places have scrolling groups and most of those have free patterns that people have made. One of the best is Gary Browning's MSN community. I don't recall the exact name off the top of my head.

Matt

I think its scrollsaw portraits.

Hi Kurt . Thanks for the compliments. I just joined this site and it looks real nice. Maybe if we talked to the administrator real nice he /she might add a scrollsaw forum just for us folks that are hooked on scrolling and like to exchange our experiences with other scrollers.
    W.Y.

Mike M Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by William Young SE BC
    Hi Kurt . Thanks for the compliments. I just joined this site and it looks real nice. Maybe if we talked to the administrator real nice he /she might add a scrollsaw forum just for us folks that are hooked on scrolling and like to exchange our experiences with other scrollers.
    W.Y.

I made it Bill.
    I agree, hope they get a scroll saw site.

Mike M

Bill & Mike,

Glad to see ya over here.

Mike,
    The Flying Dutchman scrollswa blades you sell are awesome.

Bill,
    They will not likely add a seperate scrollsaw forum, the turners were looking to do that and it was the general concensus that it is good to keep all aspects of woodworking in the general area so that we all can learn from each other the different genres of woodworking and it seems that it is working as a lot of "Flat" guys are turning out pens and stuff and a lot of "Turny" guys are making furniture.

Me, I own a a couple of lathes and a few scrollsaws and way too many flat tools to mention and I kinda like the vaariety. I have been looking at quite a few different forums to accomplish that and it would be great to have them in just one forum.

Anyway, welcome aboard, join up and have a great time with a great bunch of people.
    Wood is Good!
    Greetings from The Green Mountain State!

Kurt

Hey Mike...Welcome. When you sign up don't forget to use your full name. It seems to help keep SMC more friendly.
    Glenn Clabo
    Michigan

Huntsville, AL (The Sun and Fun Capital of The South)

Name

Quote Originally Posted by Mike M
    I made it Bill.
    I agree, hope they get a scroll saw site.

Mike M
    Mike,

The SMC TOS require a real first and last name in order to be a boni fide member of The Creek. Please PM Jackie Outten with your last name and she will update your personal information.

Thanks,

Your Friendly Moderator

Smile

Thanks folks. I think I got it now. Just hope that it works tomorrow.
    I registered again after deleting cookings. I just ate them.
    Now to figure out to post a picture jet.

Mike M

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Salisbury
    Mike,

The SMC TOS require a real first and last name in order to be a boni fide member of The Creek. Please PM Jackie Outten with your last name and she will update your personal information.

Thanks,

Your Friendly Moderator