Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Weekend Doin's"

Tomorrow I'm taking a hand cut dovetails class with Chris Schwarz at Woodcraft in Sterling Heights, MI. After the class, Chris is coming to a dinner get-together our club is having. Should be a fun day, but long, since Sterling Heights is something like 75 miles from where I live

I'll probably have to work the rest of the weekend.

Going on a shop crawl with other members from NCwoodworking.com. We are going to visit eight shops in the raleigh area and basically bs all day with a break for Tex Mex at lunch. Taking my camera so I can steal some good ideas.

Disc Golf tomorrow - Spring has already sprung in Texas...

Then starting the remodel on my 5 year old daughter's room.

Blog Entries
    Spraying the base/sink cabinet and its doors and drawer front over the weekend. Will be installing that next Friday after work so that the countertops can be measured up and ordered the next day. Other than that, it might be a bit of a catch-up weekend. Clean up the shop, take care of a few other things....because the next three weekends will be busy in one way or another either at home or away.
    There's one in every crowd......and it's usually me!

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Shelby View Post
    Brad, I am so jealous that I can hardly stand it! I saw the words "going camping" and almost broke into tears. Our camper is still under cover for a few more weeks
    I'm from PA, so I know what you mean. This is the time of year that I don't miss the Northeast... The in-between snowy, rainy, slushy, messy time.. Come August, I'll be jealous of you

More bandsawn boxes. Im going to be giving them away and need about 10. I have 6 cut, glued, and sanded now. Need to glue up 4 more blanks. I got the riser on my Ridgid bandsaw and used it today for the first time with the riser. It still has the original 3/4 horse motor, and I was wondering how it would do sawing through 6" of maple and bloodwood. It did great, powered through in no time flat. I think its going to be fine with the 3/4 horse. Its really smooth now with a link belt and balanced wheels. So many people complain about the Ridgid bandsaw, and with just a little bit of tuning, its become a very fine addition to my shop.

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=79335

I'll be starting the cabinets for my office in the addition this weekend.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Welp... WE are gonna start cleaning out our 1 car garage to turn it into a SHOP! My wifes mother passed away 2 yrs ago and we got all her stuff, in boxes, LOTS and LOTS of boxes! Enough to line the walls of the garage 2 boxes deep and as high as I can toss them (10 ft ceilings) and along ALL three walls!!!! The wife finally said the other day "it's time I go through mom's stuff"

I know how hard it was for her to loose her mom so I never pushed the issue, I let her (my wife) come to her own terms of going through the stuff... We went through one box the other day and found grocery receipts from 1972 !!!! She saved everything and anything.. LOL

That being said, we are going to try to go through most of it this weekend, That's first on the list.

Second.... I'm going to design a small shed for our back yard for all the lawn stuff in our garage (soon to be shop). Our back yard is fully fenced and no way to get back there with a pre-fab one soooo .. I'll build one . I got some questions on this but I'll post them in another thread....

Third... IF we get the new shop mostly cleared, I'm gonna start painting the walls and add more lighting.... then start on my new work bench design ...

That SHOULD keep me busy most of the weekend.....

I added a pic of our garage... doesn't look like much but this is just one corner!

Dave
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ahhhhh..... the smell of fresh cut wood!

I just completed an 'irish table' just a small round table, like a pub table. My wife wanted one..no i mean two...now she wants another one!! I built the first one out of some nice knotty pine... and i think the second one will be ash. So I will be putting on another coat of finish on that, and I bought the new delta 20 inch drill press a few weeks ago..so I am going to play with that some. Also i got a set of very old chisels...on ebay..dunlaps from Germany..very old.. i need to display them in some way..so I have alot of playing to to this weeekend...have fun everyone!!
    Michael and Sally Pfau
    Grant Creek Woodworks
    Missoula Montana
    www.grantcreekwoodworks.com

Just working all weekend. I will make money doing it though Maybe I can buy some more tools Noooooo my wife tells me owe Uncle Bush some money this year soooooooooo No tools for Jim
    Making new friends on SMC each and every day

Good luck David,bil has just had that problem,filled two skips with "irreplaceable" stuff.

Dinner with friends last night. At my son's for dinner tonight and our 2 yr old grandaughter will be overnight sunday PM. Got in 30 minutes of shoptime today.....Karl, take care of the heel,,,get some rest.
    Jerry

Building a subwoofer for my HT...first time working with Baltic Birch. Sof far no complaints

Thursday and Friday spent time building an outfeed table / assembly bench behind my table saw 32" x 8' wide. Made one side with 9 cubbies / shelves, and the other divided into 4 sections to add drawers. Ran out of propane so lost heat Friday. Stopped at the point with the top on and ready to level the table. Need to order some drawer slides and materials to do the drawers. I actually had enough material on hand to build the bench. Won't win any awards for looks as I used MDF for the top and shelf dividers, OSB for bottom shelf boards, Poplar plywood for sides and certer spine, CDX for middle shelf, and 2x4's for lap jointed bottom and top frames. With doors and drawers on it will never tell though.

Used new Milwaukee 5616 router. Man is it nice to use an easilly adjustable router. Also gave the Radial Arm Saw a good work out with a dado set in it to do all the lap joints. Just refilled the propane tanks today so will at it again tomorrow. Need to level the saw (had not done it since I moved in). And then new table to the saw. Doors and Drawers are going to have to wait till next trip home I think.