Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Forum bashing

Re: Hey Guys

Originally posted by Ken Salisbury
    Hey Folks --- Lets not even go there !!!! ---- I see no value add to any of this. We are Saw Mill Creek Members now ---- The Pond is gone --- others can say what they want in the other forums --- We should set a better example and not continue down this road.

Just an old man's 2¢ worth
    AMEN KEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Re: Jim Izat

Originally posted by Phil Phelps
    You don't recognize that face? It's Rod Peterson
    You sure it's not Tommy Skaggs?

I was a Ponder

For 4 years or so, and watched the threads on a few of the other forums where they bashed Wayne, mostly for his policies regarding what can be posted on the forums. Well, the Pond was the only forum I visited for all those years, because it was civil and people on there actually became friends and had meetings and parties and picnics, where on the other forums, lots of people hide behind nicknames and don't even know any of the other participants personally. I'm here because lots of other former Ponders are here. I really hope that we continue the tradition, without the need for moderators to tell us what's right and wrong. Don't bash the Oak for what they say. Just ignore them, and consider it their loss that they don't have the kind of community that we had on the Pond and that we will hopefully continue to have here and on Wood Central.

Rob

Ditto what Rob Sandow said.
    Jerry Doan

Other forums

Hi,

I have been reading and participating on forums now for 5 years...the bashing and flaming I have seen in the past is a direct reflection on a forums inability to regulate their members...but common decency and a mature attitude is not something I thought was something that NEEDED to be taught to some, apparently I was wrong, some forums are HORRID, not here though....

Take care,
    Jim

Dave Anderson....you are right!!!

Dave,

You are exactly correct in stating that if you don't go there, you won't know about the negative talk and your own life will be the better from not even knowing about it.

The exact reason why I do NOT go over the other forum. I visited there several times in the past and very near present and never liked it there nor the feeling I got while there.

I have never been back and life has been better ever since.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Re: Hey Phil!!!

[QUOTE]Originally posted by steve banks
    [B]Sorry Guys and Phil!!

Now wait a cotton picken minute, Steve. I took a shower tonight and double checked. I resent that remark. I may wear a little too much blush, but let's dont' get personal.
    Phil in Big D
    The only difference between a taxidermist and the taxman, is that the taxidermist leaves the skin. Mark Twain