Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How to get started with the project?

Question How to get started with the project?

Hi All,

I was referred over to Sawmill Creek to get some info on the FP project. I've sent some emails and a PM but I'm not getting any response.

Does anyone know who I can contact to get involved? I've sent some posts with addresses to order kits but I'm hesitant to do so without being able to get replies to emails, etc.

Thanks in advance for any info you can share with me.

Tim

I want to help also!!!

I also would like to help in the Freedom pen project for the last third of the year with my 8th graders. They love to turn pens and will get a great feeling from helping out the members of the military. I am starting with Penn State Industries and am turning the 10 free pens first then i will be looking for more pens to turn. Please advise on who to contact and order pen kits from.

Mike Berndt

You can contact me about ordering pen kits and getting information about the project. We would love to get as many people involved as possible.

Tim, I think I got a private message from you yesterday but I was too tired to answer it last night and I just got home from a band concert tonight. We are trying to get the Freedom Pens Project website updated. I just need to get access to it. Hopefully we will get the site updated and be able to keep it updated in the very near future. Until then, this is the place to get information.

I can order pen kits for you for $1.25 each. These are some new pen kits that our distributor has started supplying us with so I don't really have a track record for these new kits. Shipping is $5 for 10 to 40 kits and $9 for 50 to 100 kits. We ask that you include a note with each pen including the email address of the person who made the pen so that the soldiers have a way of contacting you and thanking you for their pens. You can put the pens in tubes, cases, etc. or you can put them in baggies which is the way most of us pack them. Send the completed pens to Freedom Pens Project, 8770 Little England Road, Hayes, VA 23072. The pens are shipped to chaplains in Iraq and Afghanistan for distribution to the troops.

Please keep in mind that Freedom Pens is a nonprofit organization and we use every penny to buy pen kits and ship pens. Donations are down right now so we can't offer very many free kits. Hopefully donations will pick up soon and we will be able to continue supply pen turners and schools who cannot afford to buy the kits some free kits. Anyone who would like to donate can send check to the address listed above or paypal funds to sales@freedompens.org. Of course, these donations will be acknowledged and are tax deductible.

Let me know if you need more information.

Jackie Outten

Thanks Jackie, I appreciate the info. To order kits can I send funds and a request to the sales email address?

Tim

Thumbs up I'm in

Hi jackie,
    i want 50 pen kits that I will have my student manufacture over the next few months. How should I proceed to pay for these?? I am happy to buy them for that price and if you can throw in any extra freebies, they will be turned and hopely make a few armed services members happy. How is the letter to be sent?? Folded and placed in the baggies??I want to do this to help out the troops and am looking forward to tackle this task with my 8th grade students.

Thanks
    Mike B.

You can place your order by going to www.paypal.com and sending the funds to sales@freedompens.org or you can send a check to Freedom Pens Project, 8770 Little England Road, Hayes, VA 23072.

Jackie

Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Outten View Post
    You can place your order by going to www.paypal.com and sending the funds to sales@freedompens.org or you can send a check to Freedom Pens Project, 8770 Little England Road, Hayes, VA 23072.

Jackie
    Thanks - Payment sent via PayPal!
    Tim Dennis ~ Woodstock, GA

Mike B.
    Please check your private messages.

Regards,

Charles Bishop

Smile Payment sent for 40 pens

Hi jackie,
    I have made payment for 40 pens to start and we will be building from that number base. I am hoping to turn at least 200 pens buy the end of the year to ship over to the troops!!! It is a very worthy cause and we support them defending us!!!!

Mike Berndt

How long to receive pen order

Hi Jackie,
    Can you give me an estimate as to when the pen kit order will arrive in Rhode Island? I want to get geared up so my students are ready to go once the kits arrive.

Thanks
    Mike Berndt

Charles wood received and thanks!!!!

Hi Charles,
    I got the wood from the shrimp boat and cut it into pen blanks. Students are turning the soldier's pens from these boat blanks. I have taken a picture of the final results to let you have a sneak peak. I need your address because I would like to send you a pen for your donation and shipping the blanks to me.

Thanks again.

Mike Berndt
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the update. It's great to hear that the project is underway. That is a great looking pen and I think any recipient in the war zone will be proud to own one.

I will contact you privately re: address.

Regards,

Charles Bishop

Thumbs up Thanks Michael!!!

Hi Michael,
    My goal is to make at least 100 pens before the end of the school year. My students love doing this project and are doing a nice job so far. They are making one pen each for the FP project and then are making one for themselves because they get hooked doing the soldier's pen. thanks for checking out our site!!!

FP progress to date

Hello SMCreekers,
    Here is what my students have completed thus far in our freedom pen project. Enjoy the pics!!!!

I would like to thank each of you for participating in the Freedom Pens Project. Donating your time means a lot to those who receive Freedom Pens, a gift from home becomes precious when you far from your loved ones.

As you know our Freedom Pens Project Coordinator Ken Salisbury passed away May 1st. Ken was a Korean War combat Veteran and a major supported of the FPP. I know he would be very proud to see the program continue on. Ken and I made a pact...we would continue to make pens until the last Service Member returned home even if it was just the two of us left to turn pens.

Thanks to each of you for getting involved and for all your hard work keeping this Project alive.

Keith

PS - I am sorry for not returning emails this week. Aaron had to update our digital certificate on our mail server which caused some problems with my email software and I have been without reliable email service for the entire week. I believe that the mail server upgrade happened at the same time my email software was being updated and there was some kind of bug issue as well. Late last night I think we resolved the problem.
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 05-03-2008 at 7:43 AM.