Thread: Rabbit Laser Help?

Rabbit Laser Help?

I have a 1290 ES 80W laser and It gave up on me right in the middle of a job. I was cutting acrylic and all of a sudden it shutdown.

Took me a while to find the 15A 250V fuses that I changed. It turns on now but doenst want to fire. I noticed the little fan on the power supply wasnt turning it also doesnt "beep" like before when I turn it on. There is also another fan on the other side that stop working. Do you think there is some kind of electrical short? or need to replace the power unit?

Thanks for any comments

I'm no electronics technician, but that sounds like a bad power supply to me.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Bad power supply

Aurtoro,
    I had a Rabbit 6090 and went through 5 power supply's before I sent it back. Get up with Frank Fang at rabbitlaser.___ or dean novakowski on this forum. They might be able to help. What color is the power supply ? Rabbit did switch to a different company to supply them with power supply's. Old one is grey, new one is gold color. Jim
    Rabbit Laser HX3040
    Corel Draw X3, Photopaint
    Newly Draw (very basic)
    Photograv

Power Supply

Good to know. I have an old one I guess. I was cutting 1/2" acrylic when it gave out me. I guess it was too much for it.

Thanks for the input. I'll see if they can help me out.
    Do you think its possible to upgrade to a higher power supply 100 or even 120 Watt being that I have to replace it. Is it possoble to change the tube also? Just an idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Dornon View Post
    Aurtoro,
    I had a Rabbit 6090 and went through 5 power supply's before I sent it back. Get up with Frank Fang at rabbitlaser.___ or dean novakowski on this forum. They might be able to help. What color is the power supply ? Rabbit did switch to a different company to supply them with power supply's. Old one is grey, new one is gold color. Jim

Arturo,
    Yeah sounds like the power supply. I am pretty sure on the power supply the one fan is always on & the other kicks on only when the laser is firing.

Thanks Guys,

Frank from Texas is going to send me a new power supply.

Thanks again!