Thread: Cityscape Ornaments

Cityscape Ornaments

Hi All! I'm looking through the new (March 2008) A&E magazine this morning and I came across Tom "Buzz" Bernard's story about "Business Plan Or Marketing Plan". What cool ornaments! (I especially like the one from Savannah since the church where I graduated High School is in it!)

If any of you have a chance to take a look at this article, how are these pictures processed? Are they photos sent through Photoshop? Or are they great actual sketches? Since I'm now in Charleston, SC, I have an onslaught of photos of the historical buildings in this area and a great market for these.

While I'm at it... How is the paper being glued to the acrylic with out it becoming all wrinkled?

Any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated! In the mean time, I'll keep playing!

Nancy

Nancy

I think the process is that the pictures themselves are printed on a printer and then glued (spray adhesive?) to the substrate such as acrylic or Masonite that is cut out with a laser engraver - Tom Buzz is a member of the forum, perhaps he can provide more information about the process, such as how the paper does not get wrinkled.

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Solomon View Post
    Hi All! I'm looking through the new (March 2008) A&E magazine this morning and I came across Tom "Buzz" Bernard's story about "Business Plan Or Marketing Plan". What cool ornaments! (I especially like the one from Savannah since the church where I graduated High School is in it!)

If any of you have a chance to take a look at this article, how are these pictures processed? Are they photos sent through Photoshop? Or are they great actual sketches? Since I'm now in Charleston, SC, I have an onslaught of photos of the historical buildings in this area and a great market for these.

While I'm at it... How is the paper being glued to the acrylic with out it becoming all wrinkled?

Any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated! In the mean time, I'll keep playing!

Nancy
    Nancy,
    Go right to the source and ask. Here is the link to find out exactly how to do it.

http://www.laserbuzz.com/otherproducts/index.htm

Hope this helps...
    Have a Blessed day,

Michael Kowalczyk

Laser-Trotec Speedy II 60 watt with 9.4.2 job control and will soon upgrade to JC X
    Corel Draw Suite X6, FlexiSign Pro 8.62, AI CS3 and Lasertype6

CNC Routers-Thermwood model C40 with 4th axis. Thermwood Model 42 with dual tables and dual spindles with ATC for high production runs,
    ArtcamPro 2010_SP4, EnroutePro 5.1, BobCad v21 & v24, Aspire v8 and Rhino 5.
    FOTC link
    http://www.sawmillcreek.org/friends.php?cp=210&lp=0&t=0&q=