Thread: Need a little help

Need a little help

Can any of you sign guys duplicate this pin stripping it's 1-5/8" wide. If you can please PM me.

If this needs to go somewhere else on the board please move it.

Angus
    Attached Images Attached Images

Support the Creek Please
    DONATE ! .

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    SKYPE# : CLASSICMARINE1

Are you looking for premium vinyl then, for a vehicle?

From the picture it looks like a wide black strip with beige/tan in the center, is that correct?

Factory striping like that would normally be a wide black stripe of vinyl with the center beige screen printed over it, very expensive to reproduce the same way in small quantity. If the beige were vinyl applied to the black then it's doable if the beige can be matched with stock vinyl colors. The only difference would be the two layers of vinyl, making it 2 mil thicker than factory.

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

"The handyman's secret weapon - Duct Tape" R. Green

This is actually waterline tape for a boat. It's gold on black and vyinal on vyinal will work.

Support the Creek Please
    DONATE ! .

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

In that case any vinyl sign shop should be able to help you. You might first check with local auto body supplys, which will have some premade striping, and even online (google "boat striping") and you may find it already made.

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

I had a request to restripe a boat about 6 months ago. Looked like it was going to be expensive for the customer (and I told him I didn't have any interest in doing it), but I looked into it. There are a few people who specialize in this type of material, already made.

Go to www.signs101.com and go to the vinyl section and ask the question. You should get good advice there.

I don't recall the names I found. I finally convinced the guy it wasn't something I was comfortable doing, so I forgot all about the sources.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Shepherd View Post
    I had a request to restripe a boat about 6 months ago.
    I don't recall the names I found. I finally convinced the guy it wasn't something I was comfortable doing, so I forgot all about the sources.
    I can understand that, I have done similar stripes on cars and boats, and the problem for me was having to take such a long strip off of a 24" wide roll of vinyl.

Then at 2 mils it's so thin that it needs transfer tape or will stretch out of shape. On cars it's not so bad because you can use several shorter strips because it will break at the doors.

Sammamish, WA

Striping

I have done a similar stripe project on a boat that had eight different colors ranging from 1/8" to 1/2". If you go to Gregory they have a complete line of vinyl striping in in many colors or the Prostripe series at Beacon will save you a lot of time. For some of the smaller stripes we used a Ronan vinyl tape splitter and custom cut our stripes from a 1" or up to 6" stripe. Use a stabilo pencil to mark your lines and help keep everything straight.
    Doug

Equipment: Universal 35W Laser, Roland Vinyl cutter, Roland SC-540 54" Solvent Print / Cut, HP L25500 60" Latex Printer,
    Seal 6500 Dual Heat 60" Laminator, Kodak 9810 8x10 Dye Sub, Kodak 6850 6x8 Dye sub, Nisca Color Plastic Card Printer,
    16x20 automatic Heat Press

Thanks for the info I'll try looking around those places. Actually I'll send the guy who wants it to check those sources....LOL

Support the Creek Please
    DONATE ! .

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]