Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Weekend doin's?

Off to fetch a couple loads of firewood so I can get stocked up for next years cold weather. Need usually about 12 cords for the shop and house to get through the season.
    Also have to build two upper cabs I FORGOT to build on this set of cabs I built and am in the process of installing them. Had all the lowers delivered and set thursday, headed back over there this morning to finish the counter tops, hang the uppers, set the pantry. Got to two sections, got to looking around for these two cabs, and they were nowhere to be found. Couldn't remember leaving them in the shop. Finally dawned on me I hadn't built them, so could not finish up the uppers. Did all I could, set the vanity's, and came home.
    I really had planned on goofing off some on the back 31 acres, beings the weather is getting super nice for outside work.
    Also have to pick the wife up in Sedalia, hour drive one way. She has been in Wisconsin all week. Not due in till around ten in the evening, so will be a late night for me. Steve

Saturday is another day in the UK...specifically enjoying stimulating the London economy by eating and drinking and looking at things. LOML joined me here on Thursday night after I returned from Scotland and we had a nice day today touring the "Tower of London" and catching a musical after I was done work. Your treat will be a couple of pictures of some interesting furniture from the "Tower" when I return...speaking of which, that will be on Sunday morning which means I may actually get some time in the shop until I drop dead from exhaustion. <G> I would have liked to have enough time to visit Ian while over here, but my schedule was too full and in the "other direction" all week long. Since I'm extending the weekend to Monday and hopefully, Tuesday, I should get some more shop time then if too many calls don't come in.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Blog Entries
    After the flurry of activity in the shop over the past two weeks what with fabbing up the blast gates and installing the dust collection system, I wasn't planning on getting a bunch of shop time in this weekend. However, I just might take some time to begin to fabricate a portable downdraft sanding table like the one that Terry Hatfield has illustrated on his site. I like the looks, and the potential, of that thing. Other than that, I was thinking of getting some things done around the house in prep for spring. Need to pick up a truckload of wood chips for the flower beds being one of them. Gotta do that stuff now, cause I will shortly begin to rip out the old drywall in the old attached two car garage to begin the renovation into a very nice bar/pool table rec room.
    There's one in every crowd......and it's usually me!

Glad to see you back Bob. I stopped by the toy store yesterday and they siad you were in Thursday. Bought a 18" miter slider and will finish the crosscut sled today. Also need to run speaker wire into the attic for the new home theater system I got for my B-day.

Be safe.

Jeff