Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Life Changes Quickly .....

Life Changes Quickly .....

Yesterday, as a result of a colonoscopy, LOML for 39 years, Sandra, was diagnosed with colon cancer. there were no prior warning signs, no symptoms .... nothing other than a routine sigmoidoscope as a part of her annual mammogram, etc. the doc had been after her to have that for 3 years .. she didn't want to do that and she would schedule... cancel... schedule ... cancel and finally i insisted that she get it ...... the sigmoidscope disclosed two small rather innocuous polyps and the colonoscopy yesterday morning was to remove those. Further exploration by the dr. revealed the bad news.

she had a catscan yesterday and it was a long wait until this morning to learn that apparently the cancer is contained within the colon and can be removed surgically. that was good news and i hope it holds ... the tumor had closed her colon about 90% ... its amazing that she had no symptoms or warning signs.

she is to see the surgeon next monday .... all i know at the moment ... if i didn'[t spell all these medical terms correctly ... forgive me ... remember i was a corporate exec'banker kinda guy.

/k

Ken I'm so sorry to hear about your lovely wife. I will keep you and your wife in my thoughts and prayers in the days and weeks to come.

Jim Izat

Huntsville, AL (The Sun and Fun Capital of The South)

Ken

Sorry to hear the news. Give your wife my regards. I am also a cancer patient and have been for 3 years. You can beat that stuff so tell her to hang in there --- things will be fine.

p.s. I got your PM

It's uncanny for me to be one the web this late in the afternoon. But the local TV channel was just having a segment about Colon cancer.
    May your wife have all the blessings of the all the folks on the Sawmill Creek Forum and we will be thinking about your surgery and recovery in the days to come.
    May G-D bless
    Dan

Good luck Ken.... you and your wife will be in our thoughts and prayers. BTW, within the last 2 months I had 6 inches of my colon removed under emergency conditions. If your wife has any questions about the surgery or recovery, I'd me more than happy to help. Dave.

My aunt had colon cancer 20 years ago. Had a colostomy and still plays golf almost everyday. Glad to hear it's contained. Keep a positive attitude. I think it's important. Please tell your wife, for me, that I think she needs to work on her golf game. It worked for Aunt "Duck". Oh yea... Aunt "Duck" just turned 81.

My dear sister Bitsy, age 61, just came home with news from her oncologist, yesterday. After Chemo and lumpectomy, she is cancer free. There are a lot of sucess stories out there.
    Zack Jennings
    Refugee from the Pond

My thoughts are with you and your wife - I have some family experience of this disease - I wish her well.

Best wishes to the Mrs. Ken. If she is using Archibald hospital, I can tell you that she will get good service. For a small town hospital, it has got to be one of the best I've ever seen.
    Doyle

Ken, our family's thoughts will be with you and Sandra, best of luck.
    Dennis

I amtruly sorry to haer of your wife's condition.May the good Lord help you.Your family will be in my prayers.BL
    BL

Sorry to hear the news

Our thoughts are with you and your wife.
    Best of luck,
    Randy

Ken, my Father-in-law had the same examination on Feb. 4th, same diagnosis, and had the operation on Feb 7th. His operation was a success, part of the colon that contained the cancer was removed, and we're 99% sure he's in the clear. You and Sandra stay positive, there are a lot of success stories out there, this can be beaten. We'll be thinking of you and hoping for the best.

Tony

Our thoughts and our prayers are with you and your family.
    Glenn Clabo
    Michigan

Really sorry to hear about your wife. Do her a favor and get the book: It's not about the bike, by lance Armstrong. It really isn't about the bike, it's about the human spirit and dealing with cancer. I've had my own medical problems and that book was a great help to me.

Take care and good luck,
    Jim

Ken,

My thoughts and prayers are with you. My daughter had Hodgins a couple of years ago, I had heart surgery last year. It's amazing what these doctors can do and much how success the patients have.

Take care,

Chris