Alright, here are some early drawings of my shop layout. The shop has dedicated space located in the back of a garage that I store my vehicles in as well as my father's RV. (At some point, but not for a couple of years, there will be a second floor over the entire area, minus where the RV is.) The structure is 38'W x 60' L.

I have outlined and marked the measurements for the dedicated shop area in the drawing. The 2x4 beam you see is to hang dc duct and wiring for additional 220 and 120 outlets. I have set up the planer to take advantage of the open space left for RV clearance, and the jointer uses open space in the garage.

Mobile bases will be under the:

Drill press
Band saw
Disc/belt sander combo (not in drawing)

Also not pictured are wall and base cabinets. I have a bunch, mostly from a remodel done on my brother's kitchen. I haven't decided on all the storage yet, since I figured I'd be basing that around where I set up my tools. **Same goes for lumber storage. I'll tackle that after the tools are in place. I may opt to go over the filing cabinets and workbench since I have so much vertical space open.

I wanted at least 8' in feed and out feed, and the current layout accomplishes that. *Oh, and I'll be making a shorter base for the planer so it will be lower than the top of the radial arm saw table.

Please let me know what you think, and if you have any ideas for altering the layout.