Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Adult Ads

FWIW, I used Firefox, cleared all my cookies and other private data and saw the Seka's Fantasies ad. Then I refreshed and never saw it again. I did notice that Amazon says it is "Pop Culture", its in the Home and Garden categrory, and there's no kind indication that it is an adult/mature audience item. Plus we are all making it more likely to show up since the page for that item now shows several woodworking items in the "Customers who viewed this item also viewed" section--Hitachi M12VC, a cabinetmaking book, Drill Doctor, Worksharp, a Bessey clamp, etc. I would be real suprised if there is anything Keith can do about it and its a side effect of accepting outside advertising as many asked for. More likely to have an effect would be a bunch of complaints to Amazon as the item is probably misclassified.

Lock It Up

this thread/topic has run it's course no?

Folks are giving this waaaay too much legs, thus keeping the topic on top of the heap.

go on now, go cut some wood.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Gifford View Post
    I shop alot on Amazon. I wish the adverts would only show tools etc so I could take advantage of doing my buying and the creek getting a cut.

If I understand right, the creek only gets a cut if we follow a specific advert and buy it?
    Rick,

That is correct-
    _Aaron_
    SawmillCreek Administrator

how long does it take before "2008 contributer" shows up next to my name? I contributed $ yesterday.

Jim,

Jackie and Keith Outten both work full time jobs away from the Creek. If you don't see your status change in a day or so send a PM to Jackie Outten here at the Creek. Look her up in the Members List...go to her profile and send her a PM.

If you used Paypal to send a donation, there could be some confusion if the Account Name isn't the same as your membership name. For example if you account name is your business name....say Radical Woodworks, for example. There is no way to tie that back to you as a person. If that would be the case, send a PM to Jackie Outten. She'll get it straightened out.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....