Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Adult Ads

Iv'e contributed but I still see the ads.

I would contribute more if I could see the adult ads.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Roderick View Post
    Iv'e contributed but I still see the ads.

I would contribute more if I could see the adult ads.
    Mark,

Send me a Private Message with your donation information so i can find out why we haven't updated your account.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn Clabo View Post
    Keith has taken this responsibility under his company...which is run like any other business. His financial records are not public.

I have said all along...it's Keith idea and his families hard work and financial support that made it what it is. Now that I see what goes on in the background to keep this going smoothly...I hope he makes enough money to retire to Bimini.
    You are exactly correct Glenn.!!! I've been in the IT profession for well over 30 years now AND I've also setup and ran a couple of forums before. Supporting SMC since it's starting days has been a labor of love and a committment to the woodworking community to build something that would be beneficial to anyone at any level of woodworking...not just in skill building content, but also in camaraderie. My hat is off to Keith, Jackie, and Aaron for doing all that they have done to get us to where we are today. AND....my hat is off to All Of You for helping to make SMC become "The Creek - Watering Hole for Woodworkers".
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Haha... Want to know the funniest part?

"Adult Ads" is one of the highest read threads this week! (if not THE highest).

Wonder how the majority really feels about them.

I'm not trying to stir the pot, just adding a little humor.

I for one am very grateful that the creek exists and have contributed to show my gratitude. One of the forums that I frequent for my car wants $5 per month to eliminate ads... that's a little rich for me, but $6 per year is more than reasonable for the value I get. Thanks to Keith and all the other moderators and admins for their help, as well as the members for their answers to my questions.

I'll try to continue to help out by posting the good deals on equipment and wood that I find locally.

-Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Outten View Post
    Jay,

We receive a small percentage of every purchase when you use our link to shop at Amazon. I think we have made about fifty bucks so far.
    Somebody help me out here because I seem to be issing something. I do a lot of shopping through Amazon, and would be happy to click through here when I do to help the Creek out, even if I'm not buying ww'ing stuff, (don't know if you get credit for other stuff besides ww'ing). That said, I DO NOT see any link or any such thing to click through to Amazon anywhere on my screen. Am I just not seeing it, or do I have to log out and come back as a guest to find it. If that is the case, I would think that a small link to the SMC Amazon store somewhere on the page would make sense, even for contributors.

Thanks,

Dave

David, you don't see the ads unless you log out. Or another trick that works, for me with Internet Explorer 7 at least, is to go to http://sawmillcreek.org instead of http://www.sawmillcreek.org (or vice-versa) since the browser only remembers your login on the exact URL you used when you log in.

I used the sawmill Creek link to purchase an ethernet powerline adapter for my DVR. Since I entered Amazon through the link here and then searched and got the item will the Creek get the credit?
    I could cry for the time I've wasted, but thats a waste of time and tears.

David,
    Keith has stated many times that he wants contributors to not have to see the ads. He also understands that some contributors want to see the ads and have the option to buy through them to contribute in that way also. He (actually Aaron) is willingly to try to figure out how.
    Glenn Clabo
    Michigan

Yes...and thank you.
    Glenn Clabo
    Michigan

can you refund my contribution so i can see the adult ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn Clabo View Post
    David,
    Keith has stated many times that he wants contributors to not have to see the ads. He also understands that some contributors want to see the ads and have the option to buy through them to contribute in that way also. He (actually Aaron) is willingly to try to figure out how.
    Glenn,
    I'm not necessarily talking about ads. I was thinking maybe a little link that just says "Amazon" to click on up in the blue bar that contains the links to the members list, calendar, quick links, and donate. If there were something like that in there that would take someone to Amazon through SMC and SMC would get the credit, I think a lot of people would use it and there still wouldn't be any "ads" for contributors.

Dave

David, we're working out ways to make this happen as previously stated. Please bear with...there will be a way for Contributors to patronize Amazon to benefit SMC.

John, yes, as long as you entered Amazon via a link from SMC (via the banner ad, not a Google link...), SMC will get credit for your purchase.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    David, we're working out ways to make this happen as previously stated. Please bear with...there will be a way for Contributors to patronize Amazon to benefit SMC.

John, yes, as long as you entered Amazon via a link from SMC (via the banner ad, not a Google link...), SMC will get credit for your purchase.
    OK, thanks, Jim. Also apologize because I haven't read the entire thread or all of them regarding the issue, so I didn't see where it was stated it is being worked. They say RIF, and I guess it's true. I'll try to make a point of it!

$6, I thought it was $18?

You know those ads are based on the type of pages you visit and your searches. So, exactly what other sites have you been visiting?
    *Woodworker in training*

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Harding View Post
    $6, I thought it was $18?

You know those ads are based on the type of pages you visit and your searches. So, exactly what other sites have you been visiting?
    $6 was always what Keith has asked for. If you paid $18, bless you, and you paid for 2 others who maybe couldn't spring for it!

T H A N K S ! !
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.