Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What tools are you going to buy with the tax rebate?

What tools are you going to buy with the tax rebate?

Hey Folks,

Assuming your better half gives you the green light, what tools are going to buy with the rebate?

I was thinking about finally taking the Festool plunge and getting a ROS and a Vac for it.

Or I might go on a lumber buying spree. At least the $600 dollars would stay in the US that way.

How about the rest of you?

If I buy any tools with it, they'll be the highest quality available. Seemings how the next several generations will be paying for it the least I can do is buy a tool they'll be able to us too.

Correction, I don't know how this happened to me! I was trying to show fiscal reserve when my Index finger went crazy and ordered a new JDS cyclone collector! I've spent mine and her's (LOML)! Big trouble...big trouble...

Great stuff

Quote Originally Posted by C Scott McDonald View Post
    Hey Folks,

Assuming your better half gives you the green light, what tools are going to buy with the rebate?

I was thinking about finally taking the Festool plunge and getting a ROS and a Vac for it.

Or I might go on a lumber buying spree. At least the $600 dollars would stay in the US that way.

How about the rest of you?
    That would be money well spent. I have 3 fulltime employees and was worried about them destroying the festool stuff like they do most everything ut its survived there brutality.

Is the inside A/C-Heat exchanger a power tool? Ours is leaking condensation water. So that is where our's is going. Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

Mines probably going to add additional insulation in our attic. I'd hoped to do it before this heating season but that didn't happen for a variety of reasons. I'll probably buy the pink stuff, so it will be going to a Toledo, OH based company.

I'll probably just keep on putting gas in my car with it.
    I could cry for the time I've wasted, but thats a waste of time and tears.

I may buy some General stationary power tools like a 650 table saw. General tools out of Canada seem to increase in price anywhere from 20 to 30 % a year. Beats the stock market and if I wait much longer, I'll never be able to afford one.

9. Wouldn't it make the most sense to buy American-made tools with that tax rebate? You can give your money to whomever you well please, but if a boost in the American economy is the general idea, it would make sense to give it to American companies who care enough to employ American workers. -Don't know, just a thought.

No earned income and no SS, looks like I am out of luck I did pay taxes though
    Sometimes we see what we expect to see, and not what we are looking at! Scott

Tool Wish

I'd like to buy either a Jet 1642 220 volt lathe or a 16-32 Performax sander. Either would have to be used, in great condition, and very reasonably priced.

most likely ... a benchtop planer. i should get a dust collector system, but ... i can manage alternatives to dust, but not planing ..

Reminder...
    The forums at SawMill Creek are moderated. All posts are subject to moderation by our Members and Administrative Staff. Messages deemed offensive by any member may be reported to our staff by using the 'Report Post to Moderator' option. Any message that is reported to a moderator may be subject to removal, in whole or in part, at our staff.s discretion.
    1. Religion and Politics
    All members shall abstain from engaging in religious or

political debate.

Glenn Clabo
    Michigan

Dewalt 735 and a GPS. The GPS is to help me find wood, so it's a woodworking tool.

Cliff

Mig welder to make mobile bases and stuff.