Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Celtic Knot clipart for wedding

Celtic Knot clipart for wedding

Good Morning Everyone...and especially those across the pond-

My niece is getting married in June and we're going to laser some sample items for her to consider as take home gifts for the guests. We've picked up some bud vases, rose bowl and votive candle holders that might work...now all we need is some Celtic Knot or Claddagh art that would engrave well on glass. I've been looking at some tattoo art but was hoping to find some public domain art that doesn't look quite so scary . Maybe it's just the ferocious muscles that the art is displayed on -on the tattoo web pages!

Has anyone used the colored Thermark with glass? I thought I might get some green to try on this project but I hesitate at the cost...unless people are reporting spectacular results. We have have only been marginally successful with Cermark on steel.
    Thank you for all for your generosity ....I really appreciate this great resource.

I'm doing a job now for a guy that's a lot of beveled glass mirror tiles. I'm engraving the text in reverse on the back, then spring the back with paint.
    It's a really great effect. If you check at a local stained glass supply you can get smaller beveled mirror pieces in shapes that would make great gifts.

Like these

http://www.delphiglass.com/index.cfm...archArea=&mfg=

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

"The handyman's secret weapon - Duct Tape" R. Green

I have sent you an email regarding your knots!
    Epilog 45w Helix X3/X5 Corel Microflame Generator (flame polisher) Heat Bender

Beveled glass

That sounds like a great idea, Joe. I picked up some inexpensive mirrors at the dollar store, I think the idea is that they go under the votive holders, right? I had no idea what to do with them...but now I'm glad we got them. Maybe I can do a celtic know design around the perimeter and a claddagh in the center and add their names and wedding date.... The wheels are turning, now!

Here are a few drawings.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Hey Frank, why don't you forward that e mail to me too, if it has what I think it has!
    Brian Robison
    MetalMarkers
    Epilog Mini
    Rabbit 1290

Thanks, Mike!

Thank you, Mike...by Celtic collections has grown leaps and bounds, today! These are all great clips that are sure to be put to good use.

Hey Frank....

Frank, can you send that e mail to me too? I am having poor luck finding a basic Maltese Cross.... I copied 2 postings of yours but still can't find a good vector of a basic Fire Dept Maltese.

Thanking you in advance....

AL

Haven't got your email Al, but here they are for whoever want it.
    Epilog 45w Helix X3/X5 Corel Microflame Generator (flame polisher) Heat Bender

Thanks Frank !!!!

Frank,

Your the BEST !!!!

AL

11. Make your own knot?

I came across this site many times looking for something else. Seems kind of neat... judge for yourself. http://www.clanbadge.com/knots.htm There are some great examples, I think they only want $20 for it.

Thanks Frank,
    I was thinking it was a Celtic Knot font.
    Brian Robison
    MetalMarkers
    Epilog Mini
    Rabbit 1290

Celtic Knot clipart wedding

Thanks to Nicole for the source above. If you like Celtic Knots you'll love this. Several packages available or everything for $79. Lots of patterns, free updates, down-loadable patterns from their web site, plus you can compose your own design in Corel or something else.I purchased it last night and have been playing with it all day. Styles are 3D, Filled, Inverted, and Outline.

Heres one I did for free for a relative. (Actually I got stiffed)
    I do not mind sharing it. I thought I had a picture of it embroidered, but can not find it. Most knots look really good embroidered.

free celtic font

Here's a free knot font. (it may need permission for commercial use from the author)

http://mistakefur.deviantart.com/art...ont-1-33983611

I also have an outline version I created in 2005 which I will post when I find it.

If I had the $79, I'd go for the Clanbadge set. I spent a week creating the outline font.