Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Go 88

Go 88

It is weird seeing JR in blue let alone with new numbers. Here is to a good season starting tonight.

Motor sports :
    My #1 interrupter of shop time.

I think it's even stranger seeing the Bud red #9 car.

A safe season to all!
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Guess it started ok for Jr. tonight.......

Would it be safe to say that Budwiser put the screws to Teresa?

Just goes to prove what decent equipment can do for JR.

I'll make my prediction now that JR, will be walking away with the Cup this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Wagner View Post
    Would it be safe to say that Budwiser put the screws to Teresa?

Just goes to prove what decent equipment can do for JR.

I'll make my prediction now that JR, will be walking away with the Cup this year.
    While some teams are struggling to find sponsorship this year, Hendrick has a full lineup. I think Earnhardt would have loved to take Budweiser with him but there was no room for them.
    I don't know if Jr. will win the cup but he will be in the chase for sure!

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Yes he had a great start last night. I think the best news is that the COT is a success. I saw cars recover from slides that would have put them in the wall with the old car. All the drivers have had positive comments about the cars. When is the last time they agreed on anything?

For sentimental reasons, I 've become a JR fan. I managed to watch the last 10 minutes of the race last night. He sure looked good.

I wonder .....does anybody remember how many DNFs he had last year due to engine or other failures. It seemed to me he had more than his share.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

What bugged me the most was every time I saw Budweiser on the hood from the in car camera, I would think we were with Jr.

Then there is trying to keep track of the cars on the track. So much to adapt to. I might just quit watching NASCAR.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fitzgerald View Post
    For sentimental reasons, I 've become a JR fan. I managed to watch the last 10 minutes of the race last night. He sure looked good.

I wonder .....does anybody remember how many DNFs he had last year due to engine or other failures. It seemed to me he had more than his share.
    Ken, he had 6 DNF's due to engine failure and 1 because the wheel axel came apart.
    Now was he getting second class equipment because of his feud with his stepmother, slash car owner?..... Nah, of course not…

Andy Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Page View Post
    Ken, he had 6 DNF's due to engine failure and 1 because the wheel axel came apart.
    Now was he getting second class equipment because of his feud with his stepmother, slash car owner?..... Nah, of course not…
    It wasn't only JR at DEI who was blowing engines so I don't think anyone was sabotaging him.

I find it hard to believe a car owner would sabotage a driver since sponsors want that car out on the track as much as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Elfert View Post
    It wasn't only JR at DEI who was blowing engines so I don't think anyone was sabotaging him.

I find it hard to believe a car owner would sabotage a driver since sponsors want that car out on the track as much as possible.
    Of course I'm not privy to the inner workings of DEI but here are the numbers;
    Dale Earnhart Jr. in the 8 car had 6
    Martin Truex Jr. in the 1 car had 3.
    Paul Menard in the 15 car had 1.
    In 2006 Earnhardt had 2.

Andy Rooney

I might just quit watching NASCAR.
    Yea, and I'll quite having sex too.....NOT!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Velie View Post
    It is weird seeing JR in blue let alone with new numbers. Here is to a good season starting tonight.
    I'll let you guys all know JR's colors look when I get to Datona Beach Thursday..... arriving for the twin 150's and the "superbowl of stock car racing" on Sunday. Yes, I believe I will have a good weekend coming up .
    FYI, one of the 6 blown engines JR took 100% blame on as he was using the engine to help slow the car at Sears Point IIRC (yes, I know it's not officially Sears Point anymore, then again I simply call it Cup Racing now the phone sponsor names are umm...LAME ). The other 5 were a shame, the kid drove consistently harder that end of last year that he has to date.... and a couple of those were due to the combination of DEI & RCR motor shops. JR was using some power plants that the others weren't, not sure who's choice that was. All moot now anyway..... speedweeks are in full swing and I'm on the way!

Greg
    Last edited by Jim Becker; 02-11-2008 at 12:14 PM. Reason: fixed quote tagging

Had I not saw the article on the front page of USA-Today about said #88, I wouldn't have had a clue what this thread was about! LOL
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Velie View Post
    Motor sports :
    My #1 interrupter of shop time.
    I have to admit, mine too. Not necessarily NASCAR, but when racing season comes along shop time diminishes. The Rolex race was a real weekend killer .
    Jay St. Peter