Thread: Glass Suppliers

Glass Suppliers

I am in need of ~125 shot glasses for a wedding this spring and am looking for suppliers. We have a distributor of Libby glassware in Tucson, but have the feeling that they will not be the most reasonable prices. Any ideas?
    Delta C Dynamics, LLC
    Richland, WA

"Associate yourself with men of good quality." - George Washington

Sean

There are few materials heavier than glass so bear that in mind when shopping. Freight can kill you.

For shot glasses I would go to a restaurant supply house or a Garden Ridge type store.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Flutes

I am doing flutes for a wedding.

Went to Walmart and found Libby flutes $3.99 for a set of 4.

The store only had 4 boxes. I then went to 2 more Walmart's within 5 miles of me and have a total of about 15 sets. Last store I spoke to a manager and ordered 20 more boxes. They ordered 40 and said about 2 weeks.

I have plenty of time (June wedding ) so if the order does not work I will keep going to different Walmarts.

At $1 each that is just about postage if ordered via the web.

They have other flutes at about $3-$5 each. The Libbys must be seconds or something but they look fine to me and engrave nice.

Pete
    Just curious how much do you charge for engraving the glasses for weddings

I be making a lot of $$ on this deal.

It is my Son's wedding.

If I had not found the $1 each glasses it was going to be plastic - not engraved. At one point I thought I could find cheap acrylic flutes that would engrave easily and safely but I never found any.

I am looking into a deal with a local party store. Told them if they supply the glasses I would engrave them for $3 - $6 each depending on quantity and the artwork.

That way I do not need to stock anything.

Sometimes you can find good deals at that buy dot com site. All depends on timing. Also sometimes free shipping.

I got 200 shot glasses from acemart.com. They seemed to be about the best on price.

I like libbey glass because I seem to get a really good etch and they have nice selection.

The only other provider that I get from is marck.com. They seem to have really nice prices on all of their glass.
    Steve Beckham

Epilog Mini 24 with 45 Watt, Ricoh GX 7000 Sublimation, Corel X3, Corel X4 and PhotoGrav, Recently replaced the two 'used' SWF machines with brand new Barudans.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Beckham View Post
    I got 200 shot glasses from acemart.com. They seemed to be about the best on price.

I like libbey glass because I seem to get a really good etch and they have nice selection.

The only other provider that I get from is marck.com. They seem to have really nice prices on all of their glass.

How much do you typically charge for engraving on a shot glass? I am competing in price with a silk screening company, but am hoping once they see the quality and permanence of etching, they will be willing to pay a little more.
    Delta C Dynamics, LLC
    Richland, WA

"Associate yourself with men of good quality." - George Washington

Can't honestly recall - I believe it was $2 which included the cost of the glass. So it was about $1 each for glass plus shipping and $1 each to etch.

The total laser time was about 12 seconds and the setup was simple in the rotator. Finished them all in one afternoon...
    Steve Beckham

Epilog Mini 24 with 45 Watt, Ricoh GX 7000 Sublimation, Corel X3, Corel X4 and PhotoGrav, Recently replaced the two 'used' SWF machines with brand new Barudans.

I use to pad print glass shot glasses for weddings all the time. Mostly got them from a dollar store near me. Cost was $1.00 for package of 4. The Dollar store did not stock them, but when I asked, they looked them up and found that they could get them. I had to order quite a few, but was well worth it. It surprising what they can get if you know someone that will look.

I still have a few left I laser for gifts, but not enough for you.