Thread: 36V Dewalt cordless

36V Dewalt cordless

Has anyone bought or used the new Dewalt 36V cordless tools? I was able to demo the circular saw and the impact driver at the local lumberyard a few months ago when Dewalt had their display trailer setup there. The tools seemed to have alot of power but I didn't use them long enough to tell how long the battery life was.

I'm curious too, I'd like to try that 1/2" impact wrench, but expensive!

At the rate technology is going we will be full circle in another 3-4 years. We are almost back to 110V

I heard reviews on the batteries and am told they are using good quality cells. I can't comment on the tools themselves. You must be doing some seriously big work to even be considering such a high voltage.

Regards,
    Jason

I have never actually had a battery die on me; so it is a very long time. I just stick them in the recharger when I done using the tool.

I did used to have 18v batteries die on me for the same use; so all I can say is that 36v is better, but I don't know if it is 2x or 10x.

there really isnt much need for more than 18v. if u think about it what could u possibly need 36v for? so what if the battery life is 5x longer, that doesnt matter if ur arms are so tired from holding that heavy beast in the air. a good 18v will give you hours of use between charges and at half the wieght. plus with how big those drills are you are going to find out that you will have alot of times were you cant fit the drill into it anyways. 36v sounds good but it isnt practicle, and thats why people who bought them end up selling them at a big loss. i guess u have to just take a serious look at what work you would need for a drill that large. i work for one of the largest industrial construction companies in my state and they refuse to buy them becuase they just arent practicle.