Thread: Stealth Gloat, how to move my new MM16?

Stealth Gloat, how to move my new MM16?

downstairs! I am planning on a buddies bobcat to get to cellar bulked, the 8 feet of stirs, so plywwod on stairs, slide down , saw still in shipping crate. then stand all 550 pounds up in cellar? opinoins please/ thanks. IgotanewsawIgotanewsawIgotanewsawIgotanewsaw!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Brown
    IgotanewsawIgotanewsawIgotanewsawIgotanewsaw!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Gee Dave, you're not excited, are you? At any rate, I think you've got a good plan. Without the table and motor, it really shouldn't be too bad. If you're going to put it on a mobile base, make sure you do that right away, while you still have help there! If it's a mobility kit, similar to Laguna, then you could probably do it by your lonesome, though an extra body wouldn't hurt with that, either. Congrats on the new unit!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

Dave, I think you will find that the MM16 is quite manuverable. Frankly, I'd take it out of the crate to move it down those stairs, however. You'll loose some weight, and the back of the saw is a nice, flat surface that will slide nicely. When Fred and I slid mine out of the truck, that was quite evident. Do use a comealong or some other safety accomodation to insure that the two folks on the "bottom" of the operation are kept from being crushed by a runaway saw should someone lose their grip!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I agree with Jim, uncrate the saw first.

When I picked up my MM16 at he Dallas WW show, it was uncrated and about 80% cleaned up. The salesman and I loaded it into my pick'em up easily. When I got home, a friend and I unloaded it the same. As they say "it is a piece of pie." I put a piece of rug from HD down on the tailgate. We leaned the saw into the tailgate, and the two of us lifted the base up and pushed the saw back into the bed of the truck. The whole thing took just a few seconds.

In your case, get a rug and secure it to the back of the saw, it is flat. Then put a good rope thru the lift holes on the top of the saw, and slide the dude down the stairs. I would use two people a the top to let it down, and one downstairs to guide it. I hope you bought the mobility accessory for it. that would make it even easier to move down the plywood covered stairs.

If you are using the mobility kit, there is a little trick to standing the saw upright. Two people are needed. Start by each person putting a foot in front their wheel. Then lift the saw up to the balance point on the wheels. Finally, quickly shift you free foot to the rear of the wheel and let the saw down to its upright position. This is a 10 second operation. The goal is to use your foot as a chock to keep the wheels from moving.

Next, get on the phone to Ittura Designs and have them send you a catalog. It is an education in itself. While you are on the line, order a blade tension gauge. You spent big $$ for a saw, now get the instrumentation to use it correctly.

I know you will have fun
    Best Regards, Ken

Wink You scared me ! ! !

Beause of a minor dyxlexia I thought your post read you wanted to move a M-16.
    Jim Stastny ~ Damascus, Maryland
    A poor workman blames his tools