Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hollywood, Movie Stars

CONGRATS! That is awsome! You should see if you could get a DVD copy, and get it on Youtube or somewhere else online!

P.S. I think I saw you last night on Cops! You where the one arrested for assault with a bowl gouge!

2. Make sure you ask the cameraman if he is shooting U-bits, record-run or free-run time code. Also, in the case of more than 1 photog, make sure the gen-lock is operational. That will really impress him.

FWIW - If this is a cable access show, the crew may not have a clue as to what you might be talking about!

Harvey
    Last edited by Harvey Mushman; 01-30-2008 at 7:18 PM.

Raymond, don't forget to put a sign in the background, always visible while you are turning, with the name of your studio and PHONE NUMBER.

The calls will flood in for custom pieces I'm sure.

Good luck, Tom
    Chapel Hills Turning Studio
    Douglasville, GA

Hoosier by birth, Georgian by choice!

Have blanks, will trade.

Congratulations Raymond

Make sure she gets to turn a bit and force her into the vortex......now there's a news story

Bad boys - Bad boys. What you gonna do? Whatch gonna do when...

Sounds like fun!
    God is great and life is good!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Sinkus View Post
    Make sure she gets to turn a bit and force her into the vortex......now there's a news story
    I had already thought of trying to get her to take a turn (no pun intended but now that it's out there) on the lathe.

I did finish up purtying up the shop tonight though. Now I've got to hit the high spots under the shelter in case I can't steer them clear of a shot at that too. I want to have all the options open for them.

Thanks again for all the encouragement and support. Ya'll are a good crowd no matter what your friends say about you. I'll update everyone on Tuesday after the shoot hopefully with some pictures.
    Raymond Overman
    Happiness is a warm chainsaw

"Do not wait, the time will never be just right. Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command. Better tools will be found as you go along." Napolean Hill

Hey, a remake of 'Everybody Loves Raymond'.

Congratulations!

Huntsville, AL (The Sun and Fun Capital of The South)
    I was fortunte to do have done some real live shots in my shop for the Freedom Pen Project, 4 episodes on 3 different stations over a period of a year. Some actually were quite long, although resulting actual "air" time was realtively short.

Just be yourself, don't clean the shop, it should look like working space.

The film crew absolutely loved it and some of them became customers.

The exposure fo FPP was fabulous and made the project well known in the commmunity. ---- The Power Of The Press
    "If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high - but so are the rewards" - - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant
    Ken Salisbury Passed away on May 1st, 2008 and will forever be in our hearts.

That is way cool. Don't forget to use safety glases. What are you foing to turn? Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Elias View Post
    That is way cool. Don't forget to use safety glases. What are you foing to turn? Any thoughts?
    I'll probably turn a nice little natural edge bowl. That's something I can turn out fairly quickly and it's a little more interesting than just a bowl. Plus, I've done that demonstration enough that I shouldn't have any trouble talking about it as much as she wants me to.

I've got to find a nice fresh piece of cherry or pear this weekend to turn so I get nice long curlies coming off the end of that gouge!
    Raymond Overman

"Do not wait, the time will never be just right. Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command. Better tools will be found as you go along." Napolean Hill

Man, I hate to be the one to tell you this, but there is no woman from a tv station. The woman who called is a friend of your wife's, who is sick and tired of your mess.
    Trust me on this - I understand women.
    Joe

Good for you Raymond, if you're gonna turn fresh cut wood, just have her and the camerman stand out of the line of fire, so they don't get wet. 'Course it could make things more interesting if she gets a bit on her and you just turn and look at her and say "What?".
    Where did I put that tape measure...

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Melton View Post
    Man, I hate to be the one to tell you this, but there is no woman from a tv station. The woman who called is a friend of your wife's, who is sick and tired of your mess.
    Trust me on this - I understand women.
    Joe
    So, it's just an elaborate conspiracy to get me in the shop? I don't think my wife has to go to that kind of trouble to do that. Of course, I'll get my tin foil hat out just in case.
    Raymond Overman

Blog Entries
    Ray I just had a thought make sure to wear a Sawmill Creek Tee-shirt
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Tom

Turning comes easy to some folks .... wish I was one of them

and only 958 miles SE of Steve Schlumpf

Congratulations. After it's over and you're a big star post the link to the show so all of us can enjoy it!