Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hollywood, Movie Stars

Hollywood, Movie Stars

My wife emailed a local cable station and suggested that my woodturning might be the subject on a local interest 30 minute talk show late last year. The host wrote back and said that her 2007 schedule was full but that she would possibly call in 2008. Well, she didn't wait long into 2008. She called today and we're shooting next Tuesday.

The kicker is, she wanted to do the shoot in MY SHOP, or as she called it, my studio. Needless to say, I haven't exactly been cleaning up behind myself for the last few turning sessions and there are shavings and dust everywhere. I've just spent quite a bit of time working towards finding the floor and I guess tomorrow night I get to try to find the top of my workbench. I did do a lot of culling and filled a trash bag with stuff that my usual pack rat mind would say, "Hmm, I'll use that someday." I also took the time to unclog my dust collector pipes so I could use it to clean up some shavings.

Now, I just hope she doesn't come all fancied up in a nice dress or suit. She'll have a rude awakening when I start throwing chips around. I'm going to have to email her and warn her. Anyway, I'm excited and looking forward to seeing the show. Oh, and just one more time...

I'M GONNA BE ON TV

and it ain't cops this time.

Raymond Overman
    Happiness is a warm chainsaw

"Do not wait, the time will never be just right. Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command. Better tools will be found as you go along." Napolean Hill

Good for You! Don't get nervous and forget to tighten the tail stock down. What are you going to turn for her? Good Luck!

Raymond,
    That is so cool! You're going to be a celebrity. I love it. Well done, Raymond's wife.

My wife volunteers me for stuff too (he will be happy to clean out that sewer line for you).

Sounds like you got yourself a good one there Richard. Mine did pretty good too.
    Raymond Overman
    Happiness is a warm chainsaw

"Do not wait, the time will never be just right. Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command. Better tools will be found as you go along." Napolean Hill

Congrats Raymond! Always happy to hear when good things happen to the people I've gotten to know here on the Creek! Have fun with it!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Congrat Raymond.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Congrats...I expect to see it posted online somewhere so we can all watch!

Congrats Raymond!

We'll be able to say we knew Raymond before he became a big TV star......got his own show......"As Raymond Turns"......Sounds like a soap doesn't it?
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

congrats Raymond
    Mike Vickery

Blog Entries
    All right Raymond, you may be hosting that shoot in a small place now, just wait six months, you'll probably be building a 40'x40' shop.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Tom

Turning comes easy to some folks .... wish I was one of them

and only 958 miles SE of Steve Schlumpf

Awesome!!!!

Bob

That's great Raymond! My wife has done some local TV with her wildlife education stuff and when she used to work for the zoo and if you ask they will probably let you have a tape. We'll expect to see the highlights on youtube!
    Mike

Me too, sort of!

NO no TV show, but I just (under threat from LOML) found the top of my bench and the floor around my lathe this week. Now if I could just find the time to clean up that wood pile!!
    Bob

Don't worry about making things "spotless". You actually work in there! And enjoy the shoot. Congratulations!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Wow Raymond!

I am so excited for you. I know the show will be so well received!
    A few hours south of Steve Schlumpf