Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hollow Forms and How I Turn Them

Very Nice!

Randy

Very nice job on your pictorial, Steve!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Well done Steve. You laid out the tutorial very well. I think I do mine pretty much the same way. I do like your donut chuck. I've been using my vacuum chuck and a tailstock adaptor(screw the chuck onto it while it's in the tailstock) to keep everything aligned. I think your tutorial should go down into the articles section or at least be a "sticky" here in the turners section.

Thumbs up Steve,

that was a great presentation you gave- very well done and informative- I think that is very thoughtful of you to take the time to put this all together for those of us that don't do HF's and share your knowledge with us. It is people such as yourself that make this forum what is has become today- thank you very much for giving your personal presentation Steve ~ great touch!
    Brain

Thank you for going to all the work to help all us newbies. You may have just talked me into trying one.

Steve

We are all in your debt!

Thanks neighbor.
    Bob

HF's

Nice job and it couldn't come at a better time. Just got a Mini Monster Hollowing System and will try my 1st one this weekend (after attending a demo by Alan Lacer in Pensacola). Questions - in what order are the tools used? There is one piece of metal included in the system that is 2"x 3/4"x3/4" with a 3/8" hole through it and a set screw in the side - what's it for? Thanks.

Thanks again everyone for your kind comments! I am really glad that so many of you have found something helpful in the tutorial!

Bill - not really sure (without a pic) which piece of metal you are taking about. If I had to take a guess - the metal would have a 3/8" opening that is actually at an a 45* angle with respect to the support shaft. It is designed to hold whatever cutting bit you want and get up under the shoulder/collar area of the hollow form. If you can include a photo I would be more than happy to assist in figuring out how to use it - or - PM Randy and he will let you know the purpose of the tool in question.
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Smile DNA soup

Great article! I'm curious as to what is the DNA soup? Thanks Harold
    If life throws you a stump, turn it.

Quote Originally Posted by Harold Tinling View Post
    Great article! I'm curious as to what is the DNA soup? Thanks Harold
    Harold, DNA stands for De-Natured Alcohol.

That was just great Steve! Very detailed, and must have been quite time consuming. Thanks so much for sharing that with us. Ron

Steve,
    Great tutorial and couldn't have been better timing. I sent my check to Randy for the Articulated Arm. I will use your tutorial to help me get started.

Thanks again for a wonderful job!
    Burt

Moderators:

I would definitley reccomend this article for the articles forum, and I'm sure others would support me.

Steve, great job! You do some awesome work and this pictorial is great, very informative! Thanks!

Steve: I think this was the most concise and informative tutorial on HF's that I have seem. I picked up some nice tips that should help me doing HF's without going through the side.Thanks for all the time and effort you put in. It paid off well!...Bill...

Great job Steve. This is a fine example of the worth in being a contributor. Keep up the good work!!!!!