Thread: Photo Limits in Tutorials

Photo Limits in Tutorials

I would like to post a photo tutorial / sequence of events that demos what steps are taken to turn a hollow form. The purpose is to show beginners what is involved in roughing out a chunk of wood and then follows with the setups used to finish turn a form once the wood has been dried.

Question: I know we have bandwidth limits and would like to know what my options are in creating a tutorial. I would like to use as many photos as possible (10-15) and if needed could break the tutorial into sections - if that would help.

Thanks in advance!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Steve, just start a thread and remember that it's 5 pictures max per post in that thread. So you do your first post...then reply to it adding the additional text and pictures...reply to that, etc. What I do to keep all the posts together is immediately after I do the first post, I do "placeholder" posts and then go back and edit them as appropriate. (count up the total number of photos and divide by 5...that's how many posts you need) Do remember that you must do all your editing within 24 hours as after that, you lose your edit/delete rights to those posts.

You don't need to worry about "bandwidth limits"...there is plenty and the software's forced thumbnails help manage that for members casually viewing the thread. The information you impart is what is important!
    Last edited by Jim Becker; 01-16-2008 at 10:17 PM.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Thanks Jim!

I believe I understand what you are saying. One additional question on the placeholder posts: do you have to type something into the reply before the system will allow you to post or will it post the reply without any actual content?
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Schlumpf View Post
    I believe I understand what you are saying. One additional question on the placeholder posts: do you have to type something into the reply before the system will allow you to post or will it post the reply without any actual content?
    You must type at least 10 characters in order to be able to post. I usually just type, um... "Placeholder" LOL With "Quick Reply" to each subsequent post, you also create a structure for those who are reading threads in "threaded" mode.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I'm looking forward to the info. I don't turn. Just want to and with retirement comming up I'm just gathering info.