Thread: 96" by 48" USA Map CNC Routed

96" by 48" USA Map CNC Routed

Late Friday night Aaron and I finished this little job for a fellow who needed a map for his rally pins.

The map was routed with a 60 degree bit about 1/8" deep. The three inlays were laser engraved and cut from 1/8" maple and inlayed.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very nice Keith! Was the material for the map stained plywood or something more exotic?

I Like it and it's fun to mix the outputs of various machines into 1 finished product.

Good work!
    David
    Epilog Legend 24TT 40w and Epilog Legend 36EXT 75w Lasers, ShopBot PRT4848 CNC Router, Roland SP300V Wide Format Printer/Cutter, BabyLoc 6-needle Embroidery Machine, Mini Lathe and Mini Mill, DeWalt DW737 Planer, Joiner, CorelDRAW X4 & X5, CorelDRAWings X4 , PhotoGrav, VCarvePro v4.6, Cut3D, Rhino v3.0, Aspire v3, ZBrush 3.

Very cool Keith. If I ever win the lottery a large shop with a cnc router and a cnc milling machine will be high on the list!
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Wow, great work. I too wonder what you used, lumber core hardwood ply stained?

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

"The handyman's secret weapon - Duct Tape" R. Green

The customer supplied the plywood. It was already stained and finished and was a B2 grade Birch. Not exactly a high tech job but it was enjoyable to watch as each state was cut and my customer was happy with the results. I tried three types of materials for the inlays and liked the maple the best. The first were made from acrylic gold mirror but they just didn't look right against the finished ply.