Thread: New Here

New Here

Hi everybody, I have recently joined the website and really enjoy the wealth of knowledge available. One problem though; I am not allowed to veiw images or attached files. Is this normal for a newbie or are there other requirements for gaining permissions? Thanks in advance.

Mike Schmalzer

Welcome to SMC, Mike!

There are restrictions in the Plans forum for viewing images as well as restriction on posting in the Free Classifieds. Those areas/features are only accessible by contributors. There is a sticky at the top of both of those forums explaining the same. If you'd like to become a contributor, there is a link in my signature as well as at the top of any forum display to guide you through the process. The suggested minumum donation is only $6 per year....about the same as a latté and donut at Starbucks or one issue of a magazine on the newsstand. Very soon there will be additional features for contributors. So after you kick the tires a bit, consider becoming a contributor!

BTW, please put a general location for yourself in your profile so folks know where you are speaking from.

Jim
    SMC Moderator
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...