Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 6 Inch Scale for Lasering

6 Inch Scale for Lasering

Here's a file I created for a 6" scale made from acrylic or wood. It's setup to raster, vector mark, then vector cut. If it's acrylic, it looks really good to reverse it and run it on the back (cast, not extruded).

Do with it what you like. Hopefully it's helpful to someone.

Saved in Version 12. If anyone needs it any other way, let me know and I'll post it.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

What kind of scale is it? I wish I could view the Corel file in Illustrator or Photoshop, but they don't seem to be updating the already "supported files" at Adobe. I used to be able to open older .CDR files.

Not sure what exactly your file is consisting of, but if you were so kind as to be able to upload an .EPS?

Anyone ever find a free .CDR converter? I know I could download the trail version of Corel, but that only works for the granted trial period...
    'I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.'
    - Albert Einstein

EPS file (had to zip it to get it to upload):
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Excellent, thank you for the file. I will give it a go today.
    Steve Eide
    Versalaser 300 30 watt; Corel Draw X4; PhotoGrav 3

Thank you.
    'I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.'
    - Albert Einstein

Steve,

That is very helpful. Thanks

Yes I know its 8 years old but did a search for this and this came up but wheres the file. I notice when ever I search for any file the thread comes up but no files attached
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

I engraved a bunch of PET rulers eons ago, but can't find the file at the moment. They were reverse engraved and back-filled with enamel.

P1250131.jpg

If I find the file I'll share, in the meantime:

Here is a customizable ruler generator. Works for me with ai. Pretty cool.
    http://robbbb.github.io/VectorRuler/

These are close but outlines+fills rather than single vectors for the incremental marks, so it will take some tweaking.
    http://www.fuzzimo.com/free-vector-r...le-protractor/

Some more:
    https://www.epiloglaser.com/resource...-engraving.htm
    http://www.instructables.com/id/Lase...ab-Makerspace/
    Kevin Groenke
    @personmakeobject on instagram
    Fabrication Director,UMN College of Design (retired!)

I found the file I downloaded that day it was posted. I never used it, but now see I could have. I made up one of my own last month!

Here it is.

Attachment 333224
    Last edited by Aaron Koehl; 03-09-2016 at 10:36 PM.
    I read recipes the same way I read science fiction. I get to the end and I think, "Well, that’s not going to happen."

OK my reason for the post (I did want the file) is basically to show when I search for a cdr file here the threads come up but the files are gone.

Mike When I clicked your attachment I got an error message said invalid attachment contact the admin/

Kevin thanks for the links.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Bert

I'm using X5 and it opened just fine.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Bert, report this in the Tech Support area. When the server was upgraded last week, there were issues with attachments. I think there's a thread about it already there. It's possible the admin (Aaron) doesn't know that it's still an issue.

Done Thanks Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Shepherd View Post
    Bert, report this in the Tech Support area. When the server was upgraded last week, there were issues with attachments. I think there's a thread about it already there. It's possible the admin (Aaron) doesn't know that it's still an issue.
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Aaron has fixed this problem more then once but it keeps changing back to the prior state. It only involves one block of file attachments from a particular period of time. The files are physically still on the server drive, its the software that is causing the problem.

Now that he is back from vacation I hope that Aaron will have time to resolve this issue permanently.

I am not seeing an issue with the file attached to the post above.
    _Aaron_
    SawmillCreek Administrator