Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Rabbit owners

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Ravenscroft View Post
    Can you tell me what size files your machines will download from your computer to the laser.
    Tom (From Oz)

Tom, my machine (Artcut M40) doesn't have any limitation on file size.

Obviously the buffer can't take the entire job when doing large bitmap photos or even complex vectors but it doesn't cause any problem. The PC quickly dumps the first portion of the job to the machine and then as the buffer is flushed it slowly transfers the remaining job until finished.

I can continue to use the PC while transferring the job and it doesn't cause any glitches.

Most jobs do fit in the buffer but I have no idea what size it is.

Zax.

Quote Originally Posted by Leon Shreves View Post
    Hello group,

I plan on sending the exhaust into a little utility room in my basement which I will then evacuate into my garage with a bathroom fan. My garage will smell but the house will be fine.

Are you out of your mind? You are proablay going to kill every one in your house. The toxic fumes will leak through the floor boards. I can guarantee you basement is not air tight. And if you create even the slightest positive air flow its going to push it though your house.

Just about every single thing you cut or engrave will create a lot of toxic fumes.

I plan on sending the exhaust into a little utility room in my basement which I will then evacuate into my garage with a bathroom fan. My garage will smell but the house will be fine.
    Other then the obvious observations on this, your bathroom fan will not do the job. A good blower for a laser pulls 300-900CFMs, a bathroom vent pulls only 35-100CFMs. That 100CFMs is a high end you're not likely to find in standard construction, so 35CFM is more likely. Not even close to what is needed.
    Tim
    There are Big Brain people & Small Brain people. I'm one of the Big Brains - with a lot of empty space.- me
    50W Fiber - Raycus/MaxPhotonics - It's a metal eating beast!
    Epilog Fusion M2 50/30 Co2/Fiber - 2015
    Epilog Mini 24 – 35watt - 2006 (Original Tube)
    Ricoh SG3110DN
    - Liberty Laser LLC

Ventillation Revision :-)

Okey, dokey. Thanks for the feedback!

I am going to vent directly to the outdoors from the m40's fan. I may need to get a booster duct fan and I will be sure to get one with adequate capacity.

Thanks to all that were worried about my sanity. My invisible friend assures me that I am rock solid. :-)

Thanks for the cautionary warnings.

- Leon

Leon,

I have been using the M40's provided 90CFM fan. It vents directly outside, with probably a 3ft duct (length), and after sealing the leaks between the fan enclosure and the machine it works very well.

The exhaust is actually pretty strong, and exits at the 2nd story roof line. I have a duct cap to prevent any air blowing the fumes back. If that makes sense.

I don't have much of an issue with fumes though, as I rarely do acrylic or polymers.

Zax.

Thanks Zax for the affirmation. I'll move things a round a bit in my shop to keep the duct length as short as possible.

Since I am in the basement I'll have a 5 or 6 foot rise before I can leave the house foundation. I am concerned that since it'll be at ground level that the fumes may still be dangerous if a window is open near the outlet. I'll give it a try with some benign but smelly stuff to see if it causes problems.

I need to get this hooked up properly so I can continue moving along the learning curve.

Thanks again,
    Leon

Cut some acrylic. It's a good smell/leakage test.
    Tim
    There are Big Brain people & Small Brain people. I'm one of the Big Brains - with a lot of empty space.- me
    Ricoh SG3110DN
    - Liberty Laser LLC

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Bateson View Post
    Cut some acrylic. It's a good smell/leakage test.
    ZACHERY & LEON
    You have not filled out your profiles so I cannot tell where you live.
    If you live in a area that get's freezing temperatures, you will need to make adjustments to your ducting to insure that ether the cold air will not back flow into the chamber; or warm up the enclosed chamber prior to fireing the laser. failure to to this can result in the hot beam hitting a cold mirror.
    I have had first hand experience with this problem.
    Jim J.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Camaster Cobra 408 working table size 48 x 98
    Wincnc,AspireII,PhotoVcarve,Cut3D
    HX6090SE 60Wworking table 23”X36”
    LaserCut 5.3
    Coreldraw X3, photograV 3.0, Photozoom3

Sawmill Creek is financed in part through member contributions.
    Many members just like you have found extraordinary value in becoming a financial supporter of SMC.

Cold air management

Cold mirror and hot beam sounds bad. I take it that the flapper valve on the fan was inadequate. Would running the fan for a few minutes before firing the laser draw enough warmer air through the laser to heat the optics?

I was planning to put a dryer vent fixture to exit the wall. This would also have a flapper valve in it.

Other options? Few minutes under an IR lamp?

Thanks for the warning,
    Leon

I was planning to put a dryer vent fixture to exit the wall. This would also have a flapper valve in it.
    Some of those light weight aluminum dryer vents work good on dryers, but I got a lot of fumes from those leaky joints. I went through 2 of them & a lot of duct tape (an attempt to seal the adjustable joints every few inches) finally switch to solid PVC pipe - no more leaks.
    Tim
    Ricoh SG3110DN
    - Liberty Laser LLC

Cold mirror and hot beam sounds bad. I take it that the flapper valve on the fan was inadequate. Would running the fan for a few minutes before firing the laser draw enough warmer air through the laser to heat the optics?

Other options? Few minutes under an IR lamp?

Thanks for the warning,
    Leon
    Flappers will help, keeping the machine higher than the exhaust outlet will help; as cold tends to collect at the lowest point. I purchased a low profile heater for $15 at the wally world; I run it for about 5 minutes inside the cavity with the lid down. everything gets nice and evenly warm.

And thanks for updating your profile.
    Jim J.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Camaster Cobra 408 working table size 48 x 98
    Wincnc,AspireII,PhotoVcarve,Cut3D
    HX6090SE 60Wworking table 23”X36”
    LaserCut 5.3
    Coreldraw X3, photograV 3.0, Photozoom3

Sawmill Creek is financed in part through member contributions.
    Many members just like you have found extraordinary value in becoming a financial supporter of SMC.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexa Ristow View Post
    Hi fellow Rabbit Owners,
    I have a Rabbit 6090 SE 60W. Air Assist , Lasercut 5.1 ...........

I have a question regarding the frequency settings on my glass tubed machine. Presently, it is set at " 20 000" . Many threads talk about changing frequncy and / or PPI to reduce charring. Could someone please confirm for me that changing the frequency from its factory setting will not have a negative effect on the machine? will this have the same effect as changing the PPI settings on the american machines?

Many thanks in advance,

Alexa
    Hi Alexa,
    I have been wondering about the frequency too for these machines. Did you get any replies about this?

I have tried altering the frequency, within Lasercut software, on my machine with Birch ply (laser grade) and didn't see any effect. So, I am wondering if it is a fixed value. I did notice a setting in the CUT parameters for putting a gaps along a vector curve (like perforations), which may amount to the same thing ??? TBD???? Although, I am doubtful about this. I may play around more when I get time........
    Look forward to hearing from you.
    Stuart Orrell
    LS6040 40W, CS3, Lasercut 5.1, SolidWorks,

help My engraver is shadowing

(is this the correct place for my question)

I was just adjusting/cleaning my mirrors and I cut out some thin engraving material and I got a shadow around 1/4" away
    Mr C.

Blog Entries
    A few usual culprits... check your alignment first. If that's not the issue, your tube and/or supply may be on the way out... I don't believe the small rabbits have adjustable tickle charges, otherwise that would be my next check.
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

Sounds like your final alignment is out causing the beam to reflect off the inside of your cone.
    Hold a piece of paper/card against the bottom of the cone, test fire laser and note where the burn mark is. Adjust the final mirror until the burn mark is centre of the cone opening.
    LaserScript 9060 SE 60W - LaserCut 5.1,
    PhotoImpact X3, CorelDraw 12, PhotoGrav, Adobe CS3