Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Rabbit owners

Quote Originally Posted by Levi Chanowitz View Post
    I just adjusted the beam and it runs 100% better. I also upped the speed to 1000 @ 100% power and it did a super job on gold plastic.

Thanks again
    Glad to hear things are better.
    Jim J.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Camaster Cobra 408 working table size 48 x 98
    Wincnc,AspireII,PhotoVcarve,Cut3D
    HX6090SE 60Wworking table 23”X36”
    LaserCut 5.3
    Coreldraw X3, photograV 3.0, Photozoom3

Sawmill Creek is financed in part through member contributions.
    Many members just like you have found extraordinary value in becoming a financial supporter of SMC.

rabbit machines

hi everyone
    just found out about smc!
    so im new here, i own 2 chinese machines, 1 is a LS6090 pro which is a 60 watt machine, the other is a LS3040 hobby which is a 40 watt machine, both machines i brought from www.hpclaser.co.uk.
    I have since found that they look identical to the rabbit machines so i down loaded a parameters setting sheet from rabbit Hx6090SE machine and have been running my machine at these settings which works fine.
    love the 6090 but find the software newlydraw for the 3040 hard to use (help).
    i use corel draw 12, photograv 3.0 and lasercut 0.5 on the LS6090 which im very used to.
    ive had both machines since april 08 and the small one just sits collecting dust but would love to get it running and earning its keep.
    so pleased ive found this site and any help would be great.
    thanks col
    Laserhut.co.uk

hi everyone
    just found out about smc!
    so im new here, i own 2 chinese machines, 1 is a LS6090 pro which is a 60 watt machine, the other is a LS3040 hobby which is a 40 watt machine, both machines i brought from www.hpclaser.co.uk.
    I have since found that they look identical to the rabbit machines so i down loaded a parameters setting sheet from rabbit Hx6090SE machine and have been running my machine at these settings which works fine.
    love the 6090 but find the software newlydraw for the 3040 hard to use (help).
    i use corel draw 12, photograv 3.0 and lasercut 0.5 on the LS6090 which im very used to.
    ive had both machines since april 08 and the small one just sits collecting dust but would love to get it running and earning its keep.
    so pleased ive found this site and any help would be great.
    thanks col
    Laserhut.co.uk

Welcome to the Creek Colin!
    Epilog Mini 24 - 45 Watt, Corel Draw X5, Wacom Intuos Tablet, Unengraved HP Laptop, with many more toys to come.....

If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have one idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas... George B. Shaw

I heard that there is a new software coming out for our lasers. Frank probably can tell you where to get it. It is supposed to come out at the end of February and it will cost $400 US. You will be able to engrave directly from CorelDraw
    Mr C.

Scaling / Size problem

Hello,

I have the 3040 machine, purchased from HPC laser in the UK. Had it about 6 weeks. Would recommend HPCLASER to anyone thinking of purchasing in the UK - their aftersales support is outstanding!

Having problems getting the laser to cut accurately. A square drawn at 100mm x 100mm in cad cuts at 101mm x 101mm. The same object drawn at 250mm x 250mm cuts at 252.5mm. The discrepency seems to be the same whether imported via DXF or drawn directly in newlydraw. The variation is the same in both X & Y axes.

Have tensioned belts and aligned mirrors, but suspect this is a software issue. Any ideas guys?

Kris

Blog Entries
    There should be a setting for adjustments like that, usually given as a mulitiplier.... look for something in the setup pages that shows a "1.000" and try tweaking it to 1.010.
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 01-19-2011 at 7:58 AM.
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

I own a rabbit and I was sure that there is a setting in LaserCut, but I cant find it now, however you can adjust it when you export a .plt from cdr just click on the page tab. It will come up when you export
    Mr C.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Hintz View Post
    Not trying to be a smarta$$, but if the after-sale support is so great, shouldn't they be able to resolve any problems with a new machine?

There should be a setting for adjustments like that, usually given as a mulitiplier.... look for something in the setup pages that shows a "1.000" and try tweaking it to 1.010.
    Dan,

I was thinking something along those lines, but couldn't see anything obvious - bloody newlydraw! I shall look a bit deeper.

I meant outstanding in terms of coming out to my location to fix broken tubes etc. Was pleased with the way they looked after me. I doubt I would've got any support long-distance from the manufacturer!

Cheers mate.

Frequency settings

Hi fellow Rabbit Owners,
    I have a Rabbit 6090 SE 60W. Air Assist , Lasercut 5.1 but use Corel X3. I mostly cut 3mm to 10 MM acrylic, 3 mm MDf and various thicknesses of paper for gift shops and wedding planners. Most of what I know has come from trial and error and reading back the last 250 pages of SMC threads over the last 6 months.

I have a question regarding the frequency settings on my glass tubed machine. Presently, it is set at " 20 000" . Many threads talk about changing frequncy and / or PPI to reduce charring. Could someone please confirm for me that changing the frequency from its factory setting will not have a negative effect on the machine? will this have the same effect as changing the PPI settings on the american machines?

Many thanks in advance,

Alexa

Frequency on Rabbit laser

Hi fellow Rabbit Owners,
    I have a Rabbit 6090 SE 60W. Air Assist , Lasercut 5.1 but use Corel X3. I mostly cut 3mm to 10 MM acrylic, 3 mm MDf and various thicknesses of paper for gift shops and wedding planners. Most of what I know has come from trial and error and reading back the last 250 pages of SMC threads over the last 6 months.

I have a question regarding the frequency settings on my glass tubed machine. Presently, it is set at " 20 000" . Many threads talk about changing frequncy and / or PPI to reduce charring. Could someone please confirm for me that changing the frequency from its factory setting will not have a negative effect on the machine? will this have the same effect as changing the PPI settings on the american machines?

Many thanks in advance,

Alexa

Blog Entries
    Confirmed...
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

rabbit owners

I have a solution to adjust The output to 100 Percent.
    When you export from CorelDraw as a .plt file, a hpgl menu opens.
    Click on Page and adjust to whatever percentage you need to reach the correct size. Don't forget to save your preferences.

Did that help?
    Mr C.

rabbit owners

Can someone help me?

I have A rabbit with laser engrave and cut system (DSP4.1)
    I have 5 problems with mylaser
    1. the rectangles are not perfecly square
    2. the circle ends do not meet perfectly
    3. when I engrave curved lines they are not perfectly curved they are slightly jagged
    4. my .bmp files do not engrave anywhere as sharp as my .plt files
    5. when I engrave especially thin and small lines, I find that they come out thinner than the actual artwork
    Mr C.

LaserCut Question

Hi All,

I have a question (or 2..... OK maybe 3) for any Rabbits out there

1: I've been asked to have a go at some stainless steel (I have the thermark) and I wondered what speed and power settings I need to put into LaserCut? I was given some (very) general guidelines for the likes of wood and acrylic from the supplier and I know and appreciate that lasers all act differently but if anyone can point me in the right direction for stainless I would appreciate it.

2: With respect to entering the speed/power settings in LaserCut what is the highest speed setting you can enter (come to think of it..... is the setting you put in for the power entered as a percentage figure same as an epilog etc? If so why is the speed setting not put in as a pecentage?) Sorry, going off on one there.

Anyway, thanks guys.

Karen
    One in four people are unbalanced. Think of 3 friends, if they seem OK; you're the one

LS6040PRO, LaserCut 5.1, CorelDraw X4, Photograv 3