Thread: Marine Corps Graphic Needed

Marine Corps Graphic Needed

Hello all!

Is everyone revcovered from the Christmas hammering? We are just now settling back to "normal."

I am needing "busty", the Marine Corp mascot, in vector format. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Gary and Jesscia Houghton

No logo, just wanted to give a hearty "OORAH!".

Cpl. Fuller

P.S. It's "Chesty"...although most of us Marines don't mind busty either
    Last edited by Eric Fuller; 01-05-2008 at 3:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary and Jessica Houghton View Post
    Hello all!

Is everyone revcovered from the Christmas hammering? We are just now settling back to "normal."

I am needing "busty", the Marine Corp mascot, in vector format. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Gary and Jesscia Houghton
    Are you talking about the illustration of General Chesty that says "We're surrounded..that simplifies our problem?"
    Just curious to know why you need it in vector format? Why won't a good greyscale be OK for rastering?
    Epilog Legend EXT36-40watt, Corel X4, Canon iPF8000 44" printer,Photoshop CS6, Ioline plotter, Hotronix Swinger Heat Press, Ricoh GX e3300 Sublimation

I'm guessing it's one of these, but I don't have them, just found these in searches. I know neither is good enough to use in it's current format, but wanted to see which one is was supposed to be.

bulldoglogo_sm.gif

usmcdog.gif
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Shepherd View Post
    I'm guessing it's one of these, but I don't have them, just found these in searches. I know neither is good enough to use in it's current format, but wanted to see which one is was supposed to be.

bulldoglogo_sm.gif

usmcdog.gif
    Scott:
    Since I was not a Marine, I was just assuming Eric was correct in his statement, as he apparently is an ex Marine. I dunno what the bulldog's name is. Could be old busty for all I know . I fixed up a pretty good greyscale of Chesty that would engrave nicely, and not to be unkind to the dear General, he looks kinda bull doggish!
    Epilog Legend EXT36-40watt, Corel X4, Canon iPF8000 44" printer,Photoshop CS6, Ioline plotter, Hotronix Swinger Heat Press, Ricoh GX e3300 Sublimation

Here is what you're looking for.....USMC mascot.....I doubt you're gonna get something in vector format, but I'll keep checking.

Semper Fi
    Attached Images Attached Images

Well if it's anything like those cartoon ones above I think I have the graphic for the dog. Won't hurt to take a look. You could make the rest up.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Epilog 45w Helix X3/X5 Corel Microflame Generator (flame polisher) Heat Bender

"Busty" , "Chesty" , pretty much the same thing, right?

Seriously, my mistake. I guess I had something else on my mind at the time I was typing.

I'm needing it for a couple of designs that are quite different in size. Vector would simply scale better.

I know that Buzz has one on a wall tribute. Maybe I can get him to 'cut me a deal.' Are you listening Buzz?

Thanks for the replies, folks.

G