Thread: Aigner Extension Tables

Aigner Extension Tables

After a visit to Sam Blasco's shop in September and seeing his setup, I ordered several Aigner extension tables and rails for my bandsaw. After having used these for several projects, these are now indispensable accessories in my shop. Since there is virtually no advertising on these accessories and I have not seen these posted on Sawmill Creek, I thought you may be interested.

The rails are easily mounted and are low enough to allow your miter gage to clear the rail. The tables are easily moved and a number of accessories are available. One is a coupling bar which allows you to attach tables end to end. The tables are approximately 7" wide by 43.5" long and have a slot to attach stops, circle cutting attachments, etc. There are also two sizes of clamping shoes available which permit attaching other shop made (or Aigner made) accessories to the rails. I haven't used these yet but I see pressure shoes and featherboards attached to these in the near future. I also see purchasing additional rails to mount to other machines in the shop and perhaps even my workbench.

The mounting holes are centered 30mm below the table top and appear to be 8mm mounting bolts so be sure you have enough edge thickness if you intend on using these. I purchased these items from Martin Woodworking Machinery.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks for the post. These really look great. I'm going to check these prices.
    Victor
    Remember a bad day in the shop is much better than a good day at the office!

Gain additional features, benefits and ad-free access to SMC --> Contribute

Hi Steve,

I attended Sam's seminar at the end of September. Sorry I missed you. And, yes I came back and bought up rails and extensions for the bandsaw, jointer/planer, saw/shaper, and now I'm looking at my bumper hitch on the car to see if it would take a rail, etc. Just kidding.

These things are great and so versitile. I got mine from Simentec.com. Ed Pappa is great to deal with and offered a small discount to boot.

take care,

Rye Crane

ps. the Aigner fence plates for the shaper are great also.

Wow

That's some set up Steve. It looks great!

Larry

Steve, these are on my "list", too...ever since I saw them at Steve Jenkins' shop in the Dallas area. I plan on getting at least two of the tables and a bunch of the bars for various machines. While they are not inexpensive, they are absolutely the highest quality.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Rye Crane View Post
    Hi Steve,

I attended Sam's seminar at the end of September. Sorry I missed you. And, yes I came back and bought up rails and extensions for the bandsaw, jointer/planer, saw/shaper, and now I'm looking at my bumper hitch on the car to see if it would take a rail, etc. Just kidding.

These things are great and so versitile. I got mine from Simentec.com. Ed Pappa is great to deal with and offered a small discount to boot.

take care,

Rye Crane

ps. the Aigner fence plates for the shaper are great also.
    Hi Rye,
    I didn't attend Sams seminar but was visiting my son in Pflugerville over Labor Day weekend so we paid him a visit. Sam did use the extension tables on his combo but so far, I haven't needed longer tables on the J/P. My slider already had an outfeed table so I don't really need it on that machine. Sam is moving his shop so maybe when he gets done he'll post some pictures.

I had also ordered my Aigner shaper fence plates from Ed but now they are in a box. I did meet Ed at the AWFS this past summer and he is a super nice guy. I sold my Felder combo so am now shapeless (meaning without shaper) at least for a while.
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    Steve, these are on my "list", too...ever since I saw them at Steve Jenkins' shop in the Dallas area. I plan on getting at least two of the tables and a bunch of the bars for various machines. While they are not inexpensive, they are absolutely the highest quality.
    Hi Jim,
    The tables were $212 each and the rails were very reasonable and vary from $11 to $18 each depending on length. I have gotten over the cost of the tables because they are so versatile and can be used on multiple machines. I think the rails are very inexpensive so I will feel real good when I add the capability to additional machines.
    Steve