Thread: opinions on new Rikon 14" deluxe

opinions on new Rikon 14" deluxe

I just purchased a new rikon 14" deluxe and wow it is awsome. I have resawed a ton of wood with it. It has a full 13" of resaw capacity. I bought a ton of white oak in a auction and I have been resawing the boards downd to make cabinets. Wow what a bargain at just over 800$. The sock blade was junk, but put a new timberwolf on it and it speeds through just about anything. Does anyone elso have a opinion on the new machine. I know the saw has received mixed reviews.

Takes a bit too long to dial in the adjusters during blade change. Encourages me to run one "compromise blade" for everything. Other than that it's a pretty good value IMO. The original blade gave me some immediate buyers remorse. Complete trash. Rikon needs to spend just a couple more dollars on the stock blade IMO. For $800, right out of the box I thought it reasonable that I should be able to make a smooth cut in 3/4 pine.

kinda agree

I do agree that the bad blade was junk. The set up for me was kind of difficult the first time but I really don't use it for much more then resawing. I have changed it for a couple of projects, but the experience wasn't really that bad.

Rikon have taken the approach to building woodworking machines that takes into account heavily what the end users have to say, and it would seem to me, from the few 'rants' that you get, that this approach is paying off.

I would contact Rikon and let them know what you think about the blade, since this is a good suggestion. Nothing is more pleasing than to get a new tool, and have it up and running in no time flat, producing good results!