Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Project: Purple Heart and Figured Maple Night Stands (Finished)

The money shot

I have scanned this thread several times but I don't see the finished piece. Am I loosing my mind? Is this nightstand indeed finished or still in progress?

I am dying to see the finished purpleheart.

I have the same problem as Todd, I don't see any pics of a finished product.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Bin View Post
    I have scanned this thread several times but I don't see the finished piece. Am I loosing my mind? Is this nightstand indeed finished or still in progress?

you're not losing your mind....no pics

Quote Originally Posted by James Sweeney View Post
    I have the same problem as Todd, I don't see any pics of a finished product.
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Bin View Post

The last two pictures in post 42 show the completed piece...
    ------

To the question that was asked about preserving the purpleheart color. I did nothing special. If it changes...it changes. I'm not going to worry about it. There is a lot of light in the new MBR, so it's likely that any UV effects will happen sooner, rather than later. The USL, as was pointed out, has no UV protection added, nor does the shellac.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Jim -

Thanks for a great thread......the tables are beautiful!!!! The tops, drawers, legs.....all of the design works together. Well DONE!!!

Nice wood, looks great so far!
    -=Jason=-

Jim those look really great! I know your inner-shaker may have been offended by added the shelves but you really made it work, I think the spacing is really good. The function will be nice too, keep the top from getting cluttered. On that vein, don't beat yourself up over the top - first, is looks awesome and second if you are anything like the rest of us you'll have lamps clocks, etc....

Keep em coming!

Dave

Wink Two (minimum) Jim Beckers!

Every time I sign on, on every forum I go to, day or night..... Jim's there.

And he has the time to build these handsome projects! And then document them perfectly! I believe a minor investigation is in order to uncover the existence of the twin or maybe triplets......or more of Mr. Becker.

Seriously Jim, How do you do it?
    FRITZ

NO MATTER WHERE YOU GO, THERE YOU ARE.
    Buckaroo Banzai [/SIGPIC]

Have you ever seen the movie Multiplicity?

I think Jim's found the Professer to clone him.

Jim, the tables are beautiful, and for what it's worth, I think the added shelves add to these pieces. Nice work!!

Nancy
    Nancy Laird
    Owner - D&N Specialties, Rio Rancho, New Mexico
    Woodworker, turner, laser engraver; RETIRED!
    Lasers - ULS M-20 (20W) & M-360 (40W), Corel X4 and X3
    SMC is user supported. http://www.sawmillcreek.org/donate.php

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Laird View Post
    ...for what it's worth, I think the added shelves add to these pieces...
    A very practice request/suggestion from Professor Dr. SWMBO. In addition for the small drawer for Carmex and other necessary stuff of a similar nature, there was a need to reduce the piles of books on both sides of the bed!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Jim,

I had the same dilemma a couple of years ago. A shelf was needed but I didn't want to see it, so I came up with this stretcher configuration instead. Today they are almost always covered with books. Nice job again, look forward to your next project and explanation. Cal
    Attached Images Attached Images

Jim,

Great work as usual and the due diligence of your threads is second to none!

Thanks, Jim. A lot of good information and advice for a newcomer. It gives me something to aim for. I hope to be able to do as well someday!

Beautiful work! These informative posts, and pictures, are more enjoyable to me that TV--I love looking all around the pictures at the shop, how you have the jigs set up, how you're using hold downs, etc. etc... Great stuff! I also find that I'm being drawn more and more to contrasting woods and cleaner lines... I used to think I liked "traditional" furniture, but these pieces are pretty much in line with my current taste.
    Thread on "How do I pickup/move XXX Saw?" http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?p=597898

Compilation of "Which Band Saw to buy?" threads http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...028#post692028