Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Something Cool for ADA Sign Makers

Angus,

Aaron's Forum will be in the Manufacturers Forums area near the bottom of the main page.

Now that I sold my Vision rotary to Keith...I really really need this script. Mr Outten, during his personal visit yesterday, with his lovely wife Jackie, has convinced me that I need to be headed into Corian signage. Keith is very passionate about his product and process, to the point that he even got my wife interested in making Corian pens. She already has all the tools including the lathe, so hopefully he built a sufficient fire there to get her going. Anyway, it was great meeting Keith and Jackie, we had a great conversation!
    Epilog Legend EXT36-40watt, Corel X4, Canon iPF8000 44" printer,Photoshop CS6, Ioline plotter, Hotronix Swinger Heat Press, Ricoh GX e3300 Sublimation

Hi
    I have never used it to this date nor needed it but think it would open up some new doors. Count me in I would be willing to have that option.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ray Uebner
    Trotec Speedy 300 45w, Xenetch 1313, Signature 8080 Plus, Baby Lock EM6

I was able to talk to Aaron on the phone this afternoon about his script. Aaron has a project he is working on with a serious deadline but....he promised that as soon as he could get a few minutes he was going to create his new Forum here and upload his script and the instructions.

I am beating him about the head and shoulders every chance I get so he doesn't forget to get this done and I will continue until he is bloody if that is what it takes

Tomorrow I will threaten to take away his next five birthdays.

Wednesday I will get serious

I see they are training him right there, in Doctorate school. I have yet to meet a doctor that could maintain a schedule.

Support the Creek Please
    DONATE ! .

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    SKYPE# : CLASSICMARINE1

Maybe if you tell him that there will be loads of little blind kids who can't find their way through buildings until he posts the script?

Poor little kids......and all because Aaron is so selfish that he thinks studying is far more important than helping the kids.

Shame....shame.....shame. Come on Aaron, do it for the kids
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Yesterday was Aaron's deadline for his latest projects so this morning he should have some time to get to his list of things to do that are not related to William and Mary

He is on Christmas break until after the first of the year now...we shall see
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 12-19-2008 at 6:54 AM.

LOL, but which list will he start with, his SMC To-Do list or the Honey-do list

Support the Creek Please
    DONATE ! .

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Angus Hines View Post
    LOL, but which list will he start with, his SMC To-Do list or the Honey-do list
    Angus,

I think you're on to something! Yes, my latest semester has been incredibly time consuming, more than I could have ever imagined, but on the bright side it has finally come to an end. Of course, now comes along all of the other projects I haven't been able to do for the past four months!

I have the script in hand and I am testing to make sure it will work for Corel X4/Vista. I am also putting together an installer. I know it works for X3, and Corel 12, although I will need Keith to test it once more.

Hopefully, with some feedback, I'll be able to make improvements to the software. To reference an earlier post, I decided to write a grade 2 Braille engine from scratch--it's a very complicated problem; thesis-worthy. The most popular translators today are based on some research done back in the late 70's. By last August, my translator was successful to about 98% accuracy, using a newer method, but the last 2% will likely require considerable changes and some consultation with a trained human Braille translator to answer some outstanding questions of mine.

That said, the script I am releasing is based on a very accurate grade 2 Braille translator. If I get enough support, I will certainly continue development on the Corel script based on any feedback, and may pursue further development of my other translator.

The new script will be available sometime tomorrow.
    _Aaron_
    SawmillCreek Administrator

GREAT looking forward to it Aaron. Wish I could remember the name but there is a huge company in Stuart FL that creates just translators of diffrent types for the blind.
    If I remember I'll PM you with the info.

Support the Creek Please
    DONATE ! .

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

That is great Aaron. I look forward to supporting your efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Koehl View Post
    Angus,

The new script will be available sometime tomorrow.

Oh Aaron you've got to be the hardest person in the world to give money to.....LOL. I got 49.95 burning a hole in my pocket for this.

Were all still waiting with baited breath.....hoping all those poor blind children don't walk into a janitors closet somewhere

Support the Creek Please
    DONATE ! .

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Been working on it all day-- I found that the code will not currently work with 64-bit version of Vista, and so I am currently adding some routines to allow that to work, but it requires some recompilation in a separate development environment. Also making some changes and adding some error detection, since the original was written specific to Keith's setup-- better to make these updates up front!
    _Aaron_
    SawmillCreek Administrator

Me too! Let me know when to send the money!
    (as I no longer have the Vision machine..I sold it to Keith)
    Last edited by Larry Bratton; 01-06-2009 at 7:57 PM. Reason: added comment
    Epilog Legend EXT36-40watt, Corel X4, Canon iPF8000 44" printer,Photoshop CS6, Ioline plotter, Hotronix Swinger Heat Press, Ricoh GX e3300 Sublimation

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Koehl View Post
    Been working on it all day-- I found that the code will not currently work with 64-bit version of Vista, and so I am currently adding some routines to allow that to work, but it requires some recompilation in a separate development environment. Also making some changes and adding some error detection, since the original was written specific to Keith's setup-- better to make these updates up front!
    LOL YAY Vista F's it up again...Go Bill G. Thanks for getting it right to begin with. However error detection can come later in an update. I don't mind going through versions to eventually get it exact it's a godd way to to build stuff beta it then make the upgrades as useres find issues.

But yea that Vista thing needs to be on top of the list.

Have fun with the Kitchen project.....Fun ain't it.

Support the Creek Please
    DONATE ! .

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]