Thread: Stainless/photograv

Stainless/photograv

I am getting ready to laser a picture onto a stainless steel carafe (for coffee). I went to process the photo in photograv and there is no choice for stainless. Can anyone recommend what material I should use in photograv since stainless steel is not a choice?

Thanks!

Lisa

Isn't there a choice for Cermark? Maybe that's the one?
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Burger View Post
    I am getting ready to laser a picture onto a stainless steel carafe (for coffee). I went to process the photo in photograv and there is no choice for stainless. Can anyone recommend what material I should use in photograv since stainless steel is not a choice?

Thanks!

Lisa
    Lisa:
    Do you have Photograv 2.1 or 3.0? 2.1 does not show a parameter for Cermark but 3.0 does. I have both. If you don't have 3.0, you could send the graphic to me and I'll process it for you. You could also direct that question to Photograv, they may have an answer for you.
    Epilog Legend EXT36-40watt, Corel X4, Canon iPF8000 44" printer,Photoshop CS6, Ioline plotter, Hotronix Swinger Heat Press, Ricoh GX e3300 Sublimation

Larry that is kind of you to offer to do that! I called the photograv company to ask them what is best to use.......

Larry that is kind of you to offer to do that! I called the photograv company to ask them what is best to use.......
    OK. Let me know if I can help. They will probably want to sell you an upgrade!
    Epilog Legend EXT36-40watt, Corel X4, Canon iPF8000 44" printer,Photoshop CS6, Ioline plotter, Hotronix Swinger Heat Press, Ricoh GX e3300 Sublimation

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Bratton View Post
    OK. Let me know if I can help. They will probably want to sell you an upgrade!

Well luckily I bought my photograv just a short time ago so I only have to pay $10 for the upgrade. For once something worked in my favor.

I was in a hurry earlier.......I should have mentioned......if you go to the photograv site, there is a download section. Go to the download section and you can download three new parameters. Glass, alumamark (which they said to use for stainless steel) and another parameter that slips my mind right now

Well luckily I bought my photograv just a short time ago so I only have to pay $10 for the upgrade. For once something worked in my favor.

I was in a hurry earlier.......I should have mentioned......if you go to the photograv site, there is a download section. Go to the download section and you can download three new parameters. Glass, alumamark (which they said to use for stainless steel) and another parameter that slips my mind right now
    Oh good!! I'll check that out. Thanks Lisa and good luck with your piece!

Just checked it out. Lisa those extra files are for 2.1 version 3 already has it as stated - see cerdec
    Epilog 45w Helix X3/X5 Corel Microflame Generator (flame polisher) Heat Bender

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Corker View Post
    Just checked it out. Lisa those extra files are for 2.1 version 3 already has it as stated - see cerdec
    Right Frank. I already had those also.

Stainless is a fairly high res. medium. If your using the epilog (this might work on others too I guess) choose 600 (Minimum) dpi output, and photomode. and burn it in slow at 100% power.. It will halftone nicely without photograv.. The picture below was mounted on a stainless cross by the intersection were the accident occured, and after more than a year outside, it still looks like it did the day it came out of the laser, and the photo, was just low res. .jpg
    Last edited by Bill Cunningham; 12-13-2007 at 11:52 PM.
    Epilog 24TT(somewhere between 35-45 watts), CorelX4, Photograv(the old one, it works!), HotStamping, Pantograph, Vulcanizer, PolymerPlatemaker, Sandblasting Cabinet, and a 30 year collection of Assorted 'Junque'

Every time you make a typo, the errorists win

I Have to think outside the box.. I don't fit in it anymore

Experience is a wonderful thing.
    It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Every silver lining has a cloud around it