Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Grizzly G0513X2 vs G0636X

Quote Originally Posted by Shiraz Balolia View Post
    Here is a copy of the comparison chart as promised:
    Attachment 82114
    Thats a great reference. Im sure it will help many people make an informed decision.

Shiraz,
    Thanks for being here. It helps knowing that we can get no "bull" answers from you.

That's great Shiraz, thanks a lot! That will help in my decision immensely.

As in all things, one generally gets what one pays for. Tomorrow I am getting delivery of my 4th and last (at least for a while) Griz tool. I pondered all of them as this was a revamp of my entire shop. On the bandsaw, I ended up with the 513x2 and, for the money, it is a lot of saw. That said, there is a lot more saw in the 636x and, if it fits your needs, has to be a better saw. For my needs, the choice clearly was the 513x2. I sold my 15 year old 16" Griz BS and it served me well, but the quality has vastly improved. I am sold on the Griz!! Good tools, good company, and great service.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiraz Balolia View Post
    Here is a copy of the comparison chart as promised:
    Attachment 82114
    Anyone got the same specs that Shiraz listed for his bandsaws for the MM16 and Laguna LT16HD? The specs on their websites don't contain a lot of the same info.

Does anyone have any experience with using 1/2" or 3/8" blades on the G0636?

Scott - In view of the new information, would you have gotten the Grizzly BS now?

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Darby View Post
    Scott - In view of the new information, would you have gotten the Grizzly BS now?

The short answer is no.

9. Smile Great Saw

I just purchased a G0636X and I am very impressed, its a tank. I've been cutting a lot of white pine 8-10" thich at about 0.25" x 10' with no problems, motor doesn't even know there is wood being cut. I also cut some black walnut at 1/16th of an inch thick using a Timberwolf 3/4" AS-S blade. Everything on this saw is heavy duty, I cannot see how anyone could go wrong with this saw. Just ordered a G0604X 6" jointer through Grizzly's e-bay site, some paint blemishes but only $450 + $94 shipping. If it's as well built as the G0636X I am sure to be happy.