Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Forum Skin

43 Norway Spruce Street, Stittsville, Ont, Canada
    I prefer the old colour scheme.

I know most folks dislike change. Setting that issue aside, the buttons really are hard to read, and the orange, well it's ugly. I am sure you admins have been trying to make it better, and I'm sorry to give negative feedback.

I'd send in $6 to change it, but hmmm, I just did the day before the change....

Please give us an option, and MAKE BIGGER BUTTONS double please.

Another vote against the new scheme. I also find myself squinting to read the pages.

It's hard enough for me to read so - if the colors stay permanently - I'll likely stop reading/posting/contributing on SMC. I'd really hate to see that happen.

Rob

As a web developer, I have to agree that the orange should definately not be used in the context that it is. I took a look at the style sheets and it appears that (at least the main page) is using the orange primarily for the "hover" states of hperlinks... which is great. The problem is the style "td.row-new" is also using this same color for the "visited" state. This means that every link a user has ever clicked will appear the vivid orange colour.

If you notice, any link that hasnt been clicked yet, appears as the original blue color, but any link that has been clicked appears orange.

Change the "visited" state of this style to a variation of the a:link state and I think that most visitors will not get caught up in the gaudiness of the orange and realize what a slick, clean and readable site this has become with the update.

Darryl

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Page View Post
    Rob! It's only 10!
    Yeah, but reading this site for two hours made my eyes turn to mush. Needed to sleep.

It's morning now.

I see it wasn't a dream, just harsh reality.
    "If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably a wise investment."

Just another vote against the change. Give us an option PLEASE !!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Darryl deHaan View Post
    Change the "visited" state of this style to a variation of the a:link state and I think that most visitors will not get caught up in the gaudiness of the orange and realize what a slick, clean and readable site this has become with the update.
    NO! NO! NO!

It's not just the orange! In fact, I don't even notice that since I don't start at the main page. The whole skin is terrible!

Just turn the setting on to give us the choice of skin (which vBulletin provides) and everyone will be happy. I visit several forums that use vBulletin and they all leave that option turned on. Why must things be locked down here?

Someone else said they would leave if this isn't addressed. Sorry to say but I'll need to do the same. I just can't take it.
    "If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably a wise investment."

Thumbs down

Another vote against the orange.

To me it's not a matter of liking it or not liking it. The new skin is lacking in contrast, hard for me to read, and difficult to use. Please take pity on those of us with less than perfect eyesight and return to the old skin; it was much easier to use.
    Thanks,
    ________
    Ron

"Individual commitment to a group effort--that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work."
    Vince Lombardi

Two more thumbs down here on the new skin. Two big toes, too, if that makes a difference.

Go back to the old, give us a choice, try a new one, something, anything, but this new skin is terribly difficult to read and hard on the eyes.

Aaron, maybe it's you computer types. I know quite a few, and they all seem to gravitate towards color schemes that the rest of the populace can't handle.
    Jason

"Don't get stuck on stupid." --Lt. Gen. Russel Honore

Discussions about colors are irrelevant. Turn this on & everyone's happy:

skins.jpg

Please don't sugggest that Aaron edit this scheme, he might do it.

I prefer the old colors and buttons to this one just like the majority here. Unless Aaron can find something better than we had I would prefer we go back to the original style.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Outten View Post
    Please don't sugggest that Aaron edit this scheme, he might do it.

I prefer the old colors and buttons to this one just like the majority here. Unless Aaron can find something better than we had I would prefer we go back to the original style.

EXACTLY, Keith! Thank you.

I don't want this scheme edited. It's trash. I just want the ability to have the old one back.