Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Forum Skin

Forum Skin

Did we lose the ability to pick a skin? Or, did we never have the option here? I know vBulletin provides the option but I don't see it here.

Just asking because I hate what we've got on here now. I want the old one back.
    "If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably a wise investment."

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains
    Rob, I don't think we had the option.
    I think Aaron updated the software but I have to agree with you, the new color combo is hard on my eyes.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

No, we do not currently have the option available to pick your own skin. On the other hand, we have been beta testing this design for a couple of months now, and have finally made it available to the membership.

Rob, I'm sorry you don't like this particular choice, but we can certainly make changes. Please let me know if you have any ideas to make the theme better suited for you. Six members have emailed me and absolutely love the new skin.

Design is very subjective. I suppose this is why they have both Chocolate and Vanilla ice creams.
    _Aaron_
    SawmillCreek Administrator

I am color blind, and even I hate it
    Sometimes we see what we expect to see, and not what we are looking at! Scott

Aaron,

HUH?

What do you mean you don't have the option available to pick own skin? Just turn the "Allow Users to Change Styles" on. Am I missing something here?
    "If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably a wise investment."

Thumbs down

i don't like the new format either. the body text is too light to easily read and the new threads are a TANG ORANGE color which is hard on the eyes as well.

I'm afraid I have to agree about the orange and the light text. Sorry.

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains
    Quote Originally Posted by frank shic View Post
    i don't like the new format either. the body text is too light to easily read and the new threads are a TANG ORANGE color which is hard on the eyes as well.
    Tang Orange - yep, those were the words I was searching for.
    Not good
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

I must add that I do prefer the older format. Just my $0.02 worth.
    Don Bullock
    Woebgon Bassets
    AKC Championss

The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.
    -- Edward John Phelps

Too little contrast

I have to agree with the folks who aren't fond of the new "skin". The text on the headlines seems to have too little contrast, making it hard to read.

Reading over this page, I want to fiddle with my monitor to contrast it up, but that obviously isn't the solution.

Anyway, just my 2 cents.

Andy - Newark, CA

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Koehl View Post
    Rob, I'm sorry you don't like this particular choice, but we can certainly make changes. Please let me know if you have any ideas to make the theme better suited for you. Six members have emailed me and absolutely love the new skin.

Design is very subjective. I suppose this is why they have both Chocolate and Vanilla ice creams.
    Fine with me if some like it. To each their own. My point is that you should just turn the option on to let us select which one we want to use. That way, everyone's happy.

I've been reading for just a few minutes & I'm getting a headache.

I do like most of the new skin, but like the others said, the orange isn't to my taste.

Orange is definitely hard on the eyes. The blue we had before was definitely better. Also, orange doesnt fit the overall branding theme of smc, which is predominately blue/grey.

Irv

This is rough on my eyes.
    I could cry for the time I've wasted, but thats a waste of time and tears.

All the text seem to be a little harder to read now, the top bar and blue text in particular.

Its like an overall washed out gray appearance. If it would have a little more contrast I'd like it just fine