Thread: Pre-Weekend Accomplishment & Pre-Gloat

Talking Pre-Weekend Accomplishment & Pre-Gloat

I managed to complete my lumber rack (the accomplishment) just in before the three day weekend. The LOML and I are leaving our son with the in-laws tomorrow, and heading to the beach for some much needed R&R. I say this because our son is 10 months old, and my wife is 6 months pregnant with a little girl.

The reason I am so excited is because I knew I would have to complete the rack before the weekend, in order to get my lumber and junk out of the way in order to make room for my new UNISAW (the pre-gloat) which should be arriving early next week!

I am sure I will catch some lip for the pre-gloat since I don't have pics, but I promise to post them next week. Besides, I do have pics of the lumber rack. Thanks to everyone who indirectly helped in the design. I didn't post a thread asking for input on the design, I just searched through the old threads, and members personal websites. I am very happy with the end result. It is a combination of the features I saw on several different racks. It only cost about $60, it is 12' long, and the support arms can easily be added or removed so that I can configure any way I would like. I made space for three levels, but I am currently only using two because I don't have much lumber. As you can see it also doubles as a great clamp rack, since I haven't built that yet.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Wink Your outta your mind!

Two kids under a year and a half and you think you're gonna get any time on that unisaw? Boy are you dreaming! Enjoy (the tools and the kids). Cheers
    Tony

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Porter

As you can see it also doubles as a great clamp rack, since I haven't built that yet.
    TWEEEEEEET!! Sleath gloat.

And you even stuck in the pix of (8) 36" Cabinet Masters, (8) 24" Cabinet Masters, plus what looks like a pair of 48" CM's in the corner.

Nice clamp rack. And congrats on the pre-gloat of about 3 months.

Rob

I hear that!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Sade
    Two kids under a year and a half and you think you're gonna get any time on that unisaw? Boy are you dreaming! Enjoy (the tools and the kids). Cheers

Man, ain't that the truth!! Unless you're wife is a complete saint, that uni is gonna collect only HOUSE dust. Our six month old twins leave VERY little time to do anything in the shop!!

That's a great looking lumber rack. Yet another example for me to add to the folder for when I make mine...

Keith

You know, there were really three gloats in that message...the rack, the saw and the babe...congratulations! (The lumber rack looks great, by the way...time to fill it up!)
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker
    You know, there were really three gloats in that message...the rack, the saw and the babe...congratulations! (The lumber rack looks great, by the way...time to fill it up!)
    Lets see....new Unisaw, one kid and one on the way.....and he owns Bessey clamps.....is there any money left over for the lumber to go in that lumber rack???

...by the way...nice rack!

DonnieR

Nicley built rack!!! Congradulations on the Unisaw, Kid and life in general....looks like it is going well!!!
    "All great work starts with love .... then it is no longer work"

Eric, quality looking lumber rack. It should serve you well. Congrats on the baby as well!

Do you always do everything in a hurry.

I waited till the kids were gone to have a shop.

Congradulations on the Unisaw, Kid and life in the fast lane.
    I usually find it much easier to be wrong once in while than to try to be perfect.

My web page has a pop up. It is a free site, just close the pop up on the right side of the screen

Congrats!

They are right, you will have no time Trust me...I have a soon to be 3 year old, a soon to be 2 year old, and one due in June. If I get 10 uninterupted minutes in the basement I am lucky LOL

However, my oldest is now asking to go down and make things. That is a lot of fun

Noah
    To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; to appreciate beauty, to find the best in others; to leave the world a little better; wheter by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; to know even one life has breathed easeir because you have lived. This is the meaning of success.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Nice work...better get a majority of your stuff done now! You already have one baby...I am sure we haven't told you anything you don't already know! Congrats!
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Thanks to everyone for the well wishes. I showed the LOML the responses, and she just laughed and said well what's new. You see, I have yet to finish the cheval mirror that I promised her for Christmas, and the next project on the list is a set of bunk beds that I hope to complete before our little girl arrives in May. She thinks I am the world's slowest woodworker.

I do have good timing however, I promised her a chaninging table for our son. I was suppossed to have it completed by the end of February because our son was due on March 19th. Luckily for me, I was putting the final coat of finish on it early on the morning of March 18th, and she came out to the garage to tell me her water broke. Our son ended up being born on his exact due date, the 19th.

Eric

Eric,

Congrats on the soon to be arriving little one. The rack looks great, you did an outstanding job. Congrats on the saw as well, but you should know it is improper to write UNISAW until your pre-gloat becomes a full grown GLOAT! Hope you get a little time to enjoy the saw between changing diapers!

Good luck,
    Bob