Thread: Jet Sharpener $196

Jet Sharpener $196

Amazon has the Jet wet sharpener for $196 on the gold box page. Here is the link.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/goldbox/ref...014785-6567059

How do I sharpen my chisels with a Battlestar Galatica DVD?

very carefully, and with future technology.

I hope you're kidding. But if you're not...then scroll down the page and you will see the sharpener. Next time I will include a step by step. Remember to breathe when you scroll down, so you don't pass out, and miss the sharpener again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Vermeil View Post
    How do I sharpen my chisels with a Battlestar Galatica DVD?

I scrolled down and even clicked on "See all our deals." The sharpener is not there.

I sure do not see it either, and yes I breathed as I scrolled

Is this it?

http://www.amazon.com/708015PK-JSSG-...4651979&sr=8-1

I had to add to my shopping cart to see a price and it came up at around $205
    "Live like no one else, so later, you can LIVE LIKE NO ONE ELSE!"
    - Dave Ramsey

ALL RIGHT 1st Season....I haven't seen it yet!!!!
    Gary

Sorry guys, I didn't realize that the Gold Box was personalized. I thought they did away with that, and everybody had the same Gold Box. Mine has Jewelry and other stuff that I would never buy, plus I already have the Jet sharpener from Amazon, so I assumed that everyone had the same. But at $205 it is still a great deal. Regards and my humbel apologies again. Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Anderson View Post
    Sorry guys, I didn't realize that the Gold Box was personalized. I thought they did away with that, and everybody had the same Gold Box. Mine has Jewelry and other stuff that I would never buy, plus I already have the Jet sharpener from Amazon, so I assumed that everyone had the same. But at $205 it is still a great deal. Regards and my humbel apologies again. Bill
    Anthony,
    Since you already have the jet sharpener, how do you like it? some of the reviews were not to good. What do you think? $205 is a great price...If it works well.

Rick
    There are two theories to arguing with a woman... neither works.

Joe woodworker has a review and comparison between the Jet and Tormek on his site.

Rick, For me it works great. I read in another review that the main support bar was slightly out of square, which made it slightly not parallel to the wheel (and I do mean slightly), and that was true with mine, but was simple to correct. I did read the joe woodworker review, and there is another good one out there but cannot remember where it was at the moment. The wheel runs true, no vibrations, and very little splashing water coming out of the resevoir. I bought mine with the free base and cover. The base is not needed IMO, especially if you are going to build a mobile base with drawers, which is what I am going to do when I get around to it. I am a hobbyist, not a commericial woodworker, so this machine more than serves my purpose. I have read that some commercial shops prefer the Tormek to the Jet. But I could not justify the extra cost. I bought mine at $230 and then purchased all the accessories including an extra support bar, so I don't have to keep switching one around. If I bought the Tormek, I would have easily spent $600-$700. I could not afford that nor could I justify it, only being a hobbyist. For $200 the Jet is a no brainer if you want to get set up to sharpen. Harbor Freight has a sharpener around $100, but for an extra $100 it is not worth the hassle of finding out if it is worth taking home. Read the joe woodworker review which is well written. The Jet is a nice unit. HTH, Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Rick de Roque View Post
    Anthony,
    Since you already have the jet sharpener, how do you like it? some of the reviews were not to good. What do you think? $205 is a great price...If it works well.

Rick

Huntsville, AL (The Sun and Fun Capital of The South)
    Make a contribution and maybe you will win one. It is a free stuff giveaway compliments of General Induststrial Supply
    "If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high - but so are the rewards" - - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant
    Ken Salisbury Passed away on May 1st, 2008 and will forever be in our hearts.