Thread: Incra miter sled

Incra miter sled

Anyone here have any negatives/ positives with the sled incra offers.
    I was thinking about buying the incra 1000 gauge with a sled.

Will it handle fairly long pieces, say 60 inch?

I watched video on it on incra it looks nice.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Owners will know better than I but the sled appears to be designed for things of a smaller scale. I have a monster sled that I built for long or large pieces as it fully supports the piece and the cutoff through the whole cut. Storage is of course a problem. Mine lives on end leaning next to the DC which is dead space anyway. HTH.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

The telescoping fence that comes with the package deal that includes the 1000 and sled is limited to 31". I bought a full length extension which extends to 64" from the blade. The sled also works best for narrow pieces. I have cut panels with it, but a bigger sled would have been easier.

Glenn

Glenn,

Would you consider putting up a picture of the large sled (dont mean to hijak the thread)
    Jason Morgan

Blog Entries
    Craig,
    I know a few owners and asked them since I was thinking about the exact same combo- I already have the 1000. To a man, they all like the accuracy, but really wish it could handle larger sheets. If sheet size isn't a big point for you, then go for the Incra, they all swear by it! I may even still buy one myself.

I am still looking for, and comparing, both factory and home built sleds that would handle larger sheets.
    My continuing search for old tools- rusthunter dot com

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Muller View Post
    Craig,
    I know a few owners and asked them since I was thinking about the exact same combo- I already have the 1000. To a man, they all like the accuracy, but really wish it could handle larger sheets. If sheet size isn't a big point for you, then go for the Incra, they all swear by it! I may even still buy one myself.

I am still looking for, and comparing, both factory and home built sleds that would handle larger sheets.
    Thanks for info so far. I have a plan to build a nice sled but its nice to have the combo with the gauge fitting into I thought with being able to cut infinite angles.

Blog Entries
    The incra 5000 is a larger table but it doesn't do 10th degree incraments. I use the 1000se for segmented turnings where the accuracy is necessary. If you are going to do larger stuff you might look ath the miter 5000. BTW if you go on incra.com My work is in their gallery. Call them, there great people.
    What you listen to is your business....what you hear is ours.

I have that sled with the 3000SE installed in it. It is highly accurate and a pleasure to use, but as others mentioned, you will be limited in the length of material. I often break down sheets and long boards a bit over size and then take them to the sled for final cut. Works very well, especially like the repeatability.
    Cheers,
    Bob

I measure three times and still mess it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Wyko View Post
    The incra 5000 is a larger table but it doesn't do 10th degree incraments. I use the 1000se for segmented turnings where the accuracy is necessary. If you are going to do larger stuff you might look ath the miter 5000. BTW if you go on incra.com My work is in their gallery. Call them, there great people.
    That 5000 is pretty sweet. 25 inch crosscut and 60 inch wide. Amazon has for 286 shipped with gauge. All the reviews are very positive. They say its a little big 36x31 and needs to be properly stored of course.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Childress View Post
    I have that sled with the 3000SE installed in it. It is highly accurate and a pleasure to use, but as others mentioned, you will be limited in the length of material. I often break down sheets and long boards a bit over size and then take them to the sled for final cut. Works very well, especially like the repeatability.
    Bob, as a part-time Festool monitor (not), and with a heavy heart, I have to give you 1 demerit for not breaking down your sheet goods with the TS 55 or TS 75. Surely, it was a case of some kind of temporary amnesia.
    Gary

Sent you a PM