Thread: NO PARKING font?

NO PARKING font?

I do some specialty No Parking signs, where they have customer names, etc. on them. Not so much the standard stuff, but all custom copy so the font is something I think looks good for that copy. I was asked if I could add "1 HOUR LIMIT" to some existing No Parking signs that are store bought from one of the large sign supply companies like peachtree. I looked at it I can't seem to match the text people use on those signs.

Any idea what that tall, fat, bold font is that everyone seems to use on No Parking signs? They look like they all have reduced spacing between letters and words.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

The standard used to be "Highway Gothic", and sometimes people would use Franklin Gothic Condensed as a substitute. The new standard for traffic signs that recently came out is "Clearview." Also, you are right, the letter spacing is increased from normal.

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

"The handyman's secret weapon - Duct Tape" R. Green

Scan it in, overlay the bit image with something close, then use the handles in the software to stretch/adjust the text to match the bit map.. Then just delete back to the first letter, and type in the new text then delete the first letter (it was only there to keep the reformatted layout intact.. Now, if you save that string you can use it again and again to match other words.. This is what I do when I get a non serif font thats a bit out of the ordinary as far as 'squat' or stretch is concerned..
    Epilog 24TT(somewhere between 35-45 watts), CorelX4, Photograv(the old one, it works!), HotStamping, Pantograph, Vulcanizer, PolymerPlatemaker, Sandblasting Cabinet, and a 30 year collection of Assorted 'Junque'

Every time you make a typo, the errorists win

I Have to think outside the box.. I don't fit in it anymore

Experience is a wonderful thing.
    It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Every silver lining has a cloud around it