Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New web page for FreedomPens.org and .us

New web page for FreedomPens.org

My first stab at a new web page for FreedomPens.org

http://www.freedompens.org

Oviously still rough around the edges but filled with lots of information already. I will have another page completed tonight with photographs of all the pens we have received. The new web site will grow at a very fast pace so visit often and feel free to make comments.

If you have any information that needs to be on the FreedomPens web site please contact me via PM or Email and I will take care of the web site updates.

Thanks to everyone for their hard work, we are making a difference!

Looks great

Keith, it looks great.

Be well,

Doc

freedompens.us

Keith,
    I transferred freedompens.us to you - but now it's not loading - I think my emails to you are not getting through for some reason - check it out & let me know ifyou need me to change anything for the nameservers.
    God Bless America!

Tom Sweeney BP

It looks great . . .

My question, though, is that with it being changed to .org from .US, will that make it look like we are out of business to folks we have given the old address to?

Thanks!

Jerry Stringer

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Sweeney
    Keith,
    I transferred freedompens.us to you - but now it's not loading - I think my emails to you are not getting through for some reason - check it out & let me know ifyou need me to change anything for the nameservers.
    Thanks Tom,

Ray our System Administrator is working on it now, he should have something for us shortly.

Tom, the whois search is showing the HROADS.NET server, but listing a date of today for the change. DNS changes usually take a little while (from hours to sometimes days) to propagate throughout the net. I've had this happen to me several times in the past when transfering domains.

Be well,

Doc

Jerry,

Both domain names will soon point to the same server and files.

Jerry-- both will still point to the same place.

_Aaron_

looks good Keith

Hi Keith,

A favor to ask . . .

on the website, could you put a link to Ken's Madison County High School program thread right under the Burleson High School link?

I'm telling all of our school people about a "friendly" competition and trying to get something started. The two links together would help out.

Of course, though, Burleson's link should be first!

Thanks!

Jerry

Hey Doc

It usually takes godaddy 48 hours for a dns change to take effect. My concern was that when I originally did it Saturday morning there was a wierd error message about the new dns name having an invalid character, which it didn't (I copied it right from Jackie's email). I sent Jackie a reply email but they never got it. I went back in yesterday & redid the change & this time it seemed to take but I just want to be sure.

The freedompens.us will point to the same site as the .org - so once the transfer is complete either one will work.

Thanks
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Don Abele
    Tom, the whois search is showing the HROADS.NET server, but listing a date of today for the change. DNS changes usually take a little while (from hours to sometimes days) to propagate throughout the net. I've had this happen to me several times in the past when transfering domains.

Be well,

Doc
    God Bless America!

Tom Sweeney BP

Man,
    I check in every day and I just can't believe the work that is going on here. I am generally a very busy productive person. But All of you have taken my breath away every day for a few weeks now. My hat is off to all of you. Here's to Indurance!!!
    Daniel

Cool!!

Thanks for all the hard work Tom and Keith.
    Kent Cori

Half a bubble off plumb

Keith,

Really like the look of the page. Everything lays out nicely. Maybe we could get a link to the Merchandise page up there too. Every purchase helps the cause. We have raised about $60.00 so far through the purchase of hats, shirts, and mugs.

Noah
    To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; to appreciate beauty, to find the best in others; to leave the world a little better; wheter by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; to know even one life has breathed easeir because you have lived. This is the meaning of success.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson