Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HATS - we need hats

HATS - we need hats

We need some hats before the next woodworking show comes around. How else am I supposed to recognize you guys?

Anyone consider making any yet for Sawmill Creek?
    Jim

We need BIG hats. One size fits all, NOT!
    Take it from a fat-head, we need grown-up sizes.
    Every deed plants a seed.

Big Hats yup

Howard, I have the same problem. The one size fits all doesn't work for me either. I don't know how many hats that I have been given that I can't wear. I found that by adjusting a Badger Pond hat to the very largest extreme I could wear it but barely.

Along time ago I saw an extender piece for baseball hats. I didn't buy them then and haven't been able to find them since.

Howard

Hats and TShirts

Glad you mentioned it--

We've had several requests for hats and TShirts already, and
    we're looking into a dye-sub printer right now. We will be able
    to make hats and TShirts for all kinds of different events, as
    we already have access to a commercial press. By doing it
    in-house, we will be able to produce small quantities, as well.

I'm sure Keith would love to elaborate!

_Aaron_

I'm in. The one size fits all hat fits my tiny head just fine.
    Chuck

When all else fails increase hammer size!
    "You can know what other people know. You can do what other people can do."-Dave Gingery

Hats and T-Shirts

As Aaron said I have received lots of email concerning hats, t-shirts and coffee mugs for SawMill Creek. Jackie and I have been looking into purchasing a di-sublimation printer which would allow us to make our own cool stuff. We could make just about anything you want including plastic signs, custom rulers, and slick stuff for workshops so what we are considering goes way beyond just hats and t-shirts.

We would also be able to offer the same items to each of you for your own workshops since we would make them ourselves we could make only one at a time without the hassle of having to order 1000 pieces at a time.

Most of you know that Aaron does graphic design so it makes perfect sense for us to purchase this equipment ourselves. Aaron could design custom shirts for every picnic and special event, the design could be made to fit your Creek-A-Rama event with dates and times as part of the design.

I have been working on a few items (jigs and fixtures) for my shop that I am producing with my laser. These types of projects could be made by combining the di-sub printer to get color graphics on plastic and then use the laser to machine the product. These items could be made available to everyone here. No doubt members here will also have ideas and will want something special made that we could share among our group. My laser will vector cut to tolerances of plus or minus four thousandths of an inch so we could design and build some very nice shop guages, etc. I also have mill/drill, two welding machines and a metal lathe in my shop, I use these to build my own shop jigs/stands and to make my own parts on occasion for very old machines.

Given what I have just told you, you can tell that I have a plan that includes some very special things we can do over time. The creative juices will flow and surely we will be able to create some things as a community that will extend our capability way beyond what we have done before. We certainly have the means to communicate so why not take this to a whole new level? There are a lot of very talented people here, as a group we can produce and share projects that we can't buy in any catalog.

Does this idea interest anyone else, besides the hats and shirts I mean?

Keith, you guys are awesome, and getting awesomer all the time.
    Every deed plants a seed.

Ditto

Originally posted by Howard Barlow
    Keith, you guys are awesome, and getting awesomer all the time.
    Can't improve on that!

Tim Guest

Thumbs up That rocks!

A cool multi-color sign in my basement pseudo-shop would add just the right air of respectability!! Are the dye-sub printers good enough to print pictures as well as graphic designs? Do you know what the max size is yet?

(The wheels are turnin' already . . . )

Thumbs up Sounds good to me!

Keith,

Have no idea what a di-sub printer costs, but I would say demand for "stuff" here would pay for it. As for jigs, fixtures, measuring devices and other items, I think it has alot of possibilities.

Bob

Embroidered Caps

I like embroidered logos on Hats the best and my head is too big for most adjustible caps.

My favorite cap is sized (XL) and says Port Authority on the Tag. I was told that all baseball caps are made this way today. When buying in dozens from an embroiderer, the better caps may not be prohibitive in cost.
    Zack Jennings
    Refugee from the Pond

Thumbs up You guys RULE!

Fer cry-eye! I may not be the most creative person around, but I just can't see to come up with any "improvement" idea for this site and/or community, which you guys haven't already thought of or considered! Keith, Aaron, et.al, it's already been said, and I absolutely agree: YOU GUYS ROCK! This place is just getting to be more and more fun daily and personally, I just can't see me making myself ta'-home anywhere else! Keep up the awesome work and....THANKS!
    Last edited by John Miliunas; 03-04-2003 at 9:44 PM.
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

Hats

I like hats with the logo embroidered - either right on the hat or on a patch then sewn to the hat.

The plastic, adjustable bands bands are not big enough (last two holes) for my head. The ones with the cloth strap - ala WoodCentral and Badger Pond have enough adjustment.

Ted

Hats and Stuff

I like the idea of the hats and the jigs and fistures are a great idea too. I may be a loaner on this but I certainly like th fishing style hat better than a ball cap.. Fits me better, just a suggestion... So maybe a patch that could be added to the Larger or custom hats might work out for the one offs?!?!?!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Cool Hat size

Hat/cap sizes are not at all a problem for me; Could be on account of I simply don't wear hats. Not baseball caps, floppy hats, cowboy or gangster hats. (On a super-sub-zero, windy, Wisconsin day, you *might* catch me with a stocking cap on. Maybe.) BUT, I really like Randy's idea of a patch or similar, which a person can sew on to another article of clothing, such as a windbreaker, sweatshirt, vest, etc....
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!