Thread: FS TOOLS Blades - quick review

FS TOOLS Blades - quick review

A few months back I was getting a new TS (PM2000) and figured I'd get some new blades to go along with it.

Up till then I had been using a WWII and various Freud blades, with the WWII being the one that stayed on my old saw most of the time.

I ordered 3 blades from Carbide.com (which I highly recommend BTW).
    - FS Tool L55250 (50T ATB+R) $ 47.93 on special
    - FS Tool L03250 (40T ATB) $ 51.12 on special
    - FS Tool L22250 (24T TCG) $ 76.65 -

OVERALL IMPRESSIONS - All of these blades seem to be very well made with a lot of carbide on them, so they should last for many many sharpenings. I like the clean simple look of them as well.

L03250 (40T ATB) impressions:
    After getting to use all of them I have found that I REALLY like the L03250. so much so that when my WWII came back from sharpening and I put it on the saw, after a few cuts I reinstalled the L03250. It just seems to cut a little cleaner and truer. I even cut some birch ply with very little tearout on the bottom. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

L55250 (50T ATB+R) impressions:
    When I initially asked about FS TOOL blades, someone commented that they had this blade and while it wasn't bad they much preferred their 50T Infinity blade. After using this blade I do not doubt that assessment. I would not be particularly impressed with this blade as a General Purpose Combo blade, however I got this to use for tenoning to get a flatter bottom than an ATB blade leaves. To this end this blade works very well and I would buy it again for this purpose (particularly for the price).

L22250 (24T TCG) impressions:
    I initially ordered this blade because I have been less than impressed with the my Freud Glue Line Rip Blade. I am sorry to report that I am no more impressed with this blade. I would not go to glue up with the edge left with this blade (as I would not do with the Freud). This is a beast of a blade with a .145 kerf (most blades are ~.125). This blade seems like it would be well suited in a production shop ripping thick hardwood (over 2"), all day long. For now I think I will continue to rip with the 40 tooth blade as that cut does produce an edge which is ready for glueup.

In Conclusion:
    I know that there are a lot of really good blades out there so I don't want to start a war over which one is best. I do recommend the L03250 40T ATB, especially for the money.

Nice run down John...very good of you to share. I haven't tried any FS Tool blades yet, but most of what I hear is favorable.

Of the blades I have tried, in general I tend to prefer the 40T ATB general purpose blades over the 50 tooth ATB/R combo blades too. One exception is the Infinity 50 tooth Combomax, which seems to hold it's own with the best of my 40 tooth models.
    Happiness is like wetting your pants...everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth....

john, their melamine blade is incredible as well!

I agree about the FS 50 tooth combo. I didn't like it near as much as the Leitz 50 tooth blade.

I am going to switch to the WW II 30 tooth and give it a try as a all purpose blade. My saw has a scoring blade so I am not too concerned about blowing out the bottom surface of the work piece.

Country of origin?

I know this thread is 3+ years old - just wondering if anyone knows the country of origin for their sawblades ? The wwbsite basically eludes to them being "North American-manufactured custom tooling " which leads me to believe they atre made in Canada, or the USA. Being skeptical (and if they're made in Canada, or USA, I would think they would just say that) I would have to guess (like so many things) they're being manufactured "overseas" with their "North American-manufactured custom tooling" . Anyone want to chime in with where the blades are actually produced / manufactured ?? I can't find much info anywhere be it their website or on-line searching. Help ?? Thanks
    Elvis isn't dead, he just went home Yes, I am a joker - Take it with a grain of salt