Thread: Vinyl pricing guide

Vinyl pricing guide

In a search for something else, I got hooked into a website for signsrus and clicked on something which brought up a pdf pricing file. It's a very good guide and well worth a look. It's geared towards telling customers how much things cost. It starts with base, one color prices and then shows how much it costs to add 2 colors, 3 colors, logos, etc. The information is for aluminum signs as well as banners. It also has some good verbage on telling customers what types of files they need to provide and what works best.

Worth a look : http://www.signsrus.info/catalog/sec...um%20Signs.pdf
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

There's some good information there, but I have always made it my policy not to ever advertise any prices, since there are so many variables that affect the prices.

As an example, 3 colors is not always the same. it could be 3 lines of text, each in a different color, pretty simple. It could also be 3 colors on an intricate logo with close registration which would take a lot more time.

I notice some of their prices are lower, others higher than mine, but of course they are affected by geographic area (economy), competition, and
    the prices one pays for their materials.

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

"The handyman's secret weapon - Duct Tape" R. Green

Joe, I totally agree, I wouldn't ever consider publishing a price list. I don't work like that. To me, every job is different. Bringing me 3 colors when they are all standard colors versus bringing me 3 custom colors that have to be specially printed are very different. Giving me a crappy image to use versus a good one, changes the price.

Places like this, I assume, deal in volume, so they don't mind losing on some jobs and making on the majority of them. However, I don't have that volume luxury.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.