list of ingredients:

For ½ “ Dia. Round gouge. (3/8” flute gouge):
1 each ½ “ compression to ½ “ pipe fitting brass or stainless steel (more $ for SS)
1 each ½ x 18” black pipe threaded on at least one end (mostly come both ends threaded, galvanized is ok but usually runs 2$ more.
1 each 18” length of reinforced 7/8” hose (or hose of your choice) pipe OD is 13/16”.
1 each ½” brass pipe cap (or make one from wood and use NPT tap ½” or variation of such like turn a plug but that will not cover up the other thread which is dangerous)
For 5/8” Dia. Round gouge.
1 each 5/8” comp to Ύ “ female pipe
1 each Ύ x 18” black or galvanized pipe (OD IS 31/32” and will be tight fit) I had to scrub off the pipe clean. If you have problems with this hose keep cleaning it.Maybe add some grease , If you have problems PM me I have an unorthodox solution ...
1 each 1” x 18” long clear drain hose.

First thing to do is drill out the shoulder in the comp fitting. Two ways to do it;
1) Chuck it up in the lathe.
2) Clamp it in a vise and drill it on the drill press. Be sure to clamp the vise down as the bit of a normal drill will grab as the speed of the outer edge of the bit is way more than the center point than it would be on a solid piece. And it has to start cutting in an area that would under normal operations would already have had something for the bevel to rest on, that’s why I use the brad point as the points get support from the start, If you use stainless fitting do not use the brad point.

(Pic 1 here)ITS Turnings Handle 01.JPG

(Pic 2 here)ITS Turnings Handle 02.JPG

Once the shoulder is cut, take the gouge and insert to burnish the cut, as it will be somewhat tight, if your cut is even, the gouge will smooth out the hole and you will be able to slide the shaft in and out nicely. On the 5/8 “ handle I made, I had to use a 5/32” #2 round file to clean up the cut as it wobbled
Wire brush the threads on the pipe to get them smooth and clean before screwing on the fitting or you may get a gall and jam up on the threads.

(Pic 3 here)ITS Turnings Handle 03.JPG

Slide on the hose to the fitting and cut off the excess.
(Pic 4 here)ITS Turnings Handle 04.JPG

Brush the threads on the end and install end cap.
ITS Turnings Handle 05.JPG