Thread: Not finewoodworking but fun if you have a dog

Not finewoodworking but fun if you have a dog

Folks this is by no means an impressive project but I thought the picture of the mutt with it afterwards was great. I always put my dogs food bowl on the stairs when she eats because from my understanding it is better for them to eat in a position less postured. So Sunday I was in between projects and thought I would whip her out an "ergonomic eatery". So here is the results and she appears quite pleased licking her lips.

tori_eat.JPG

tori_eat_II.JPG

I do think that gold bowls would look better....

That is a really impressive dog feeder though, looks great.

thats one fine dog you have there!!

my wife just made out lab a ceramic bowl at a ladies night out thing. she filled it with water and he drinks out of it, but still prefers his big metal bowl instead. the main problem is that the cermaic bowl is too small. hes around 100#'s so when he drinks he drinks. we have to keep the other one out as well so he wont run out during the day.

Looks lik the dog is thinking, "Something is just not right here....both bowels are empty....." Very nice. Don't let LOML know...she's tired of the old 7-UP plastic crate we use for a water bowl stand. Very nice looking. What did you use for a finish? Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

Great job, Kyle! My husband elevated our dogs' food/water bowls as well, one has arthritis and it seems to be easier on them to "eat at the table." You did a great job! Jude

Quote Originally Posted by Jim O'Dell View Post
    Looks lik the dog is thinking, "Something is just not right here....both bowels are empty....."
    Of course, thats what he's thinkg Jim. He's a lab. If I let mine free feed, they'd weigh 200 lbs.
    Where did I put that tape measure...

Kyle,
    In the first shot he seems to be checking out the craftsmanship, and the second one he seems to be satisfied with it. LOL Great job.
    Regards, Ken

Become a Contributor at SMC and keep this great source of Knowledge and help from becoming only a memory.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim O'Dell View Post
    Looks lik the dog is thinking, "Something is just not right here....both bowels are empty....." Very nice. Don't let LOML know...she's tired of the old 7-UP plastic crate we use for a water bowl stand. Very nice looking. What did you use for a finish? Jim.
    Jim,
    I just put some wipe on poly followed by some wax. Something quick and easy with a little bit of protection to the Kibbles and Bits.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Herrmann View Post
    Of course, thats what he's thinkg Jim. He's a lab. If I let mine free feed, they'd weigh 200 lbs.
    Gary,
    I second that.
    Last edited by Kyle Stiefel; 10-10-2007 at 2:31 PM. Reason: typo

This is a great project to do with your kids too because its pretty quick and they love doing stuff for their pets.

I like it. I think I'll make one for my dog (a 55 lb. golden retriever), but I'll need about 30 lbs. of ballast in the base to keep her from tipping it at mealtime.

Cary

I am not sure what my lab would think about it, HOWEVER it would annoy the stuffings out of my cat. The water bowl for the dogs is here lay ground, she is forever dragging the water bowl across the kitchen floor spilling its contents along the way. If you catch here at it she just gives you the "Not Me" look

Great idea for a winter project with the grandkids.....

Kyle, your Lab must be a much neater eater than ours!
    We have a commercial version but yours looks much better.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney