Thread: Oh My.....

Oh My.....

I posted about a block plane a while back and the general concensus was it was a Stanley. (non branded with a Wards master blade).

Boy was that blade dull (still is really). I picked up a Hock today at our Woodcrafts bag sale (thinking I shouldn't be doing that), and now I want to shave some finished stuff.

Between that, and the LN 40 1/2 I picked up this summer, I am going to have a few nights flattening and sharpening this winter, I got a long way to go.

Wow, what a difference.

Thanks again

(today local Craigslist had two different plane bargains. One included a Bedrock (604 I think, for $25). Now I can see why they are gone in ten minutes.

Neat

My Wards Master No. 4 blade is fantastic - sharpens easily, stays sharp for a long time. Sounds like yours may have gotten past the factory QC elves, or maybe quality varied over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Houghton View Post
    My Wards Master No. 4 blade is fantastic - sharpens easily, stays sharp for a long time. Sounds like yours may have gotten past the factory QC elves, or maybe quality varied over the years.

I think it's more the lack of practice sharpening. Self taught, and unlearning bad habits, plus the blade had a good size chip in it.

Now I will try to sharpen it, since I do have something to compare it too.