Thread: Time Clock Software

Time Clock Software

Does anyone here use a time clock software at work where you clock in and out from your computer. I am researching it for my company and thought I would see if anyone has any first hand experiences.

We use a system called Trakit GPS where I work (readymix concrete business). It's both a timecard system and a truck tracking system. I just use it as a driver so I can't tell you a lot about it but I like it because it eliminated a lot of paperwork we used to have to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Beaver View Post
    Does anyone here use a time clock software at work where you clock in and out from your computer. I am researching it for my company and thought I would see if anyone has any first hand experiences.
    Being an engineer, I wasn't on the clock but the shop floor used some type of system from Hewlett Packard which interfaced with the PeopleSoft personnel database system. Don't recall the name of the shop floor system so this probably isn't much help. Hated PeopleSoft user interface, 'though. Designed by and for the MIS weenies and the user be darned. (BTW, info and gripes at least 5 years out of date.)
    Tom Veatch
    Wichita, KS
    USA

Based on Tom's description, I use the same interface and I agree; it sucks! It's all about the few people who maintain the database and not at all about the tens of thousands of people who have to use it.

5. We have used several tools for time tracking and billing. The tool that we currently use is Replicon's time clock software. Since our requirements matched exactly with this tool we have use been using it from a long time. Its cloud based tool with several add-on's for billing, invoicing, project management, vacation tracking, expense tracking etc.

You would probably need to give us a few more details to accurately provide feedback. Do you work in an office where everyone has a workstation PC? Do you work in a production facility where everyone clocks in and out? A mix of the two? How many people?

Wait a minute. This question is from 2007?